These Florida Cities Ranked In The Top 25 For The Highest STD Rates In The US
The numbers are at an all-time high.
Florida ranks in many polls, though this new study isn't one that is considered "best of the best." It found that Florida made the top 10 for the highest STD rates in the U.S., according to Innerbody Research based on CDC findings.
The state ranks No. 4 for the most reported total infections per 100,000 people. That number is 259,033 cases. It makes seventh place for the largest STD numbers overall.
Besides population, they based further research on chlamydia cases, gonorrhea cases, syphilis cases and HIV cases.
Tallahassee, FL at No. 14
The Sunshine State's capital had 1,990 reported STD cases per 100,000 people.
- HIV Cases: 1,257
- Chlamydia Cases: 3,379
- Gonorrhea Cases: 1,083
- Syphilis Cases: 101
Fort Lauderdale, FL at No. 17
The Southern hot spot hits 1,871 per 100,000 people in STD cases.
- HIV Cases: 19,483
- Chlamydia Cases: 12,167
- Gonorrhea Cases: 4,436
- Syphilis Cases: 426
Jacksonville, FL at No. 23
- HIV Cases: 6,450
- Chlamydia Cases: 8,810
- Gonorrhea Cases: 4,259
- Syphilis Cases: 239
Miami, FL at No. 24
- HIV Cases: 26,316
- Chlamydia Cases: 14,680
- Gonorrhea Cases: 4,971
- Syphilis Cases: 581
The state that had the most cases in the U.S. is California with 399,673 and the city is Jackson, MS at 4,281 per 100K population.
This article's cover image was used for illustrative purposes only.
- This Florida City Is Now One Of The Most Expensive In The World To ... ›
- This Florida City Ranked For The Best Mental Health In The US ... ›
- These Florida Cities Were Ranked Two Of The Most LGBTQ ... ›
- Florida Has One Of The Most Monkeypox Cases In The US & It's Not Far Behind California - Narcity ›
- Many Georgia Cities Ranked In The Top 25 For The Highest STD Rates In The US - Narcity ›
- Georgia Has Higher STD Rates Than Florida & These Southern States Dominate The 2023 List - Narcity ›