Some restrictions will still stay in place.
The Ontario government has announced that the province is moving into step three of its reopening plan at 12:01 a.m. on July 16.
However, if you're wondering what happens after step three, here's what we know so far.
According to the Ontario government, the last stretch of the province's reopening will last for "at least 21 days" and until 80% of the population aged 12 and over has received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine and 75% have received their second.
In addition, no public health unit will be able to have "less than 70 per cent" of their eligible population fully vaccinated before moving forward.
Once those goals are reached, step three will come to an end and "the vast majority of public health and workplace safety measures" will be lifted.
This means that restrictions on both indoor and outdoor social gatherings will be removed. In step three, indoor gatherings are limited to 25 people, while outdoor gatherings are limited to 100 people.
"Only a small number of measures will remain in place, including the requirement for passive screening, such as posting a sign, and businesses requiring a safety plan," read a statement from the province.
- What Happens After Step 3 In Ontario? Ford Says Plans Will Be ... ›
- GoodLife Is Reopening In Ontario & Here's What Workouts Will Look Like - Narcity ›
- Ontario's Step 3 Of Reopening Means Bigger Wedding Guest Lists - Narcity ›
- Ontario Step 3 Starts On Friday & Here's What You Need To Know - Narcity ›
- Ontario Step 3 Rules Has Some Ontario Venues Refusing To Open - Narcity ›
- Step 3 In Bruce Grey Region Has A Modified Set Of Rules - Narcity ›
- Toronto Community Centres Are Reopening Indoor Pools & Gyms This Week - Narcity ›
- Step 3 Plan For Ontario Is Coming 'Very Shortly', Says Ford - Narcity ›
- Step Three Won't End For A 'Couple Of Weeks, 'Says Ford - Narcity ›
- After Step 3 In Ontario Ends Masking Will Still Be Around - Narcity ›
- Ontario Step 3 Could Come To An End Next Week, Says Top Doc - Narcity ›
- Step 3 Of Ontario's Reopening Plan Won't Be Coming To An End - Narcity ›
- Ontario's Step 3 Could Reportedly End As Early As Next Week - Narcity ›
- John Tory Says Ontario's Step 3 Needs To End 'Cautiously’ So There Isn't Another Lockdown - Narcity ›
- Here’s What Could Change In Ontario After Step 3 Comes To An End - Narcity ›
- Ontario Will Be Releasing A Plan To Exit Step 3 Tomorrow & Here's What You Need To Know - Narcity ›