Ontario could stay in step three for a "couple of weeks."
While there is still no official date set for when Ontario will move out of step three of the Roadmap to Reopen, the provincial government has already outlined what rules and restrictions will be put in place.
Once the province leaves this step, the minister of health's office told Narcity that most of the public health measures that are currently put in place will be lifted -- and that is including capacity limits.
"Only a small number of measures will remain in place, including the requirement for passive screening, such as posting a sign, and businesses requiring a safety plan," a spokesperson for Minister of Health Christine Elliott wrote.
However, the government also revealed that wearing masks, regardless if you are vaccinated or not, will still be mandatory in some settings.
"As the Delta variant is the dominant strain in Ontario, which is not the case with some other provinces, face coverings will also continue to be required for indoor public settings," read the statement.
"This is consistent with other jurisdictions such as Quebec and Israel, and the CDC recently updated their recommendation that fully vaccinated people begin wearing masks indoors again in locations with high COVID-19 transmission rates. The Chief Medical Officer of Health will continue to evaluate this need on an ongoing basis."
During a press conference on July 30, Premier Ford said that he wants to reach the province's vaccination targets before ending step three, and that will still take about a couple more weeks.
Ontario is looking for 80% of eligible residents to have received their first dose and 75% to have their second. No public health units across the province can have less than 70% of fully vaccinated individuals. The province has already met its first vaccine goal so far.
- Ontario Step 3 Starts On Friday & Here's What You Need To Know ... ›
- What Happens After Step 3 In Ontario? Ford Says Plans Will Be ... ›
- Here's What Comes After Step 3 Of The Ontario Reopening Plan ... ›
- Ontario's Step 3 Could Reportedly End As Early As Next Week - Narcity ›
- John Tory Says Ontario's Step 3 Needs To End 'Cautiously’ So There Isn't Another Lockdown - Narcity ›
- Here’s What Could Change In Ontario After Step 3 Comes To An End - Narcity ›
- Doug Ford Is Working On A Plan To Address COVID-19 Surges Locally After Step 3 Ends - Narcity ›
- Ontario Will Be Releasing A Plan To Exit Step 3 Tomorrow & Here's What You Need To Know - Narcity ›
- Here's When Ontario's Proof Of Vaccination Requirements Will Come To An End - Narcity ›