Ontario Is Officially Letting Students Return To In-Person Learning This Summer
The province wants a "more normal" learning experience.
The provincial government has announced that students will be able to return to in-person learning at Ontario schools this summer.
According to a press release, summer learning will start virtually in July. However, by August, students will be able to return to in-person learning with strict safety measures in place.
Ontario is permitting school boards to offer in-person summer school in August with strict health and safety measur… https://t.co/ExOu9btbrG— Education Ontario (@Education Ontario) 1624626552.0
"School boards are delivering virtual summer programming in July. To build upon this, and with the support of the Chief Medical Officer of Health, we are permitting school boards to offer in-person summer school in August with strict health and safety measures in place," Stephen Lecce, minister of education, said.
On top of this, Lecce revealed that the government will continue to ramp up vaccination efforts so that students can also return to in-person learning this September.
Ontario aiming for a "more normal" September
In the press release, Lecce revealed the province is aiming to bring back a "more normal" learning experience this year.
Not only will this include in-person learning, but it could also include the continuation of clubs and sports.
"Our commitment as a government is to get students back in a more normal and stable learning environment. Which includes being in class, for high school kids, all day. That includes, obviously, the reinstatement of clubs and sports and physical education," Lecce revealed in a press conference on June 17.
Earlier this month, Lecce stated that a back-to-school plan for September is set to be revealed this July.
- Ontario In-Person Learning To Be Mixed With Remote Learning This ... ›
- In-Person Learning Is 'Essential' Says Ontario Science Advisory Table - Narcity ›
- Ontario Schools Will Return To In-Person Learning This Fall, Says Ford - Narcity ›
- Ontario School Vaccine Clinics Are Coming This Fall - Narcity ›
- Ontario Schools Have Reported Over 100 New Cases Of COVID-19 In Just 1 Day - Narcity ›
- Toronto's Top Doctor Calls For Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccines In Schools For Kids 12 & Up - Narcity ›
- Multiple Ontario Schools Have Shut Down Due To COVID-19 Outbreaks - Narcity ›
- Ontario Schools Are Closing & People Are Being Told Not To Travel As Winter Storm Rages On - Narcity ›
- Ontario Schools Closing Today Due To Awful Weather That Is Currently Blasting The Province - Narcity ›
- Ontario Dropped A 'Recovery' Plan For Students & Broke It Down Into 5 Key Points - Narcity ›
- You Can Reach Your Learning Goals With Skillshare's 14 Day Free Trial - Narcity ›