It will only be offered for a little while longer!
Buckle up, Ontario drivers! If you're looking to land your full G licence, you're in luck, because the modified road tests are going to be offered over the coming months.
Dakota Brasier, press secretary for Transportation Minister Caroline Mulroney's office, shared with Narcity that modified G road tests will be in place until Thursday, June 30.
"There continues to be high demand for class G road tests across Ontario. That is why our government is keeping the use of modified G road tests in place," Brasier said.
Mulroney announced that modified G road tests would continue to be in place at the end of March, when they were originally set to expire.
"This allows for more streamlined tests to take place while continuing to evaluate fundamental driver skills," Mulroney said in a tweet on March 31.
These modified road tests were originally created in order to tackle increased demand and clear a massive backlog of in-vehicle tests from the COVID-19 pandemic.
So, what makes these tests more "streamlined"?
Brasier previously told Narcity that roadside stops, three-point turns and parallel parking, which are all a part of the G2 test already, would be taken off the modified G road test for now.
"As we temporarily pause these duplicative, discretionary components of the G test, we will continue to enforce the fundamentals of the G test while using modified, more direct routes to and from road test locations, which will enable a 30 per cent increase in appointments to be booked each day," Brasier said in an email.
DriveTests, however, will still test prospective G licence holders on the fundamental elements of the G test, like their driving ability on major roads and expressways, turns and intersections.
- Ontario's G Road Tests Just Changed & Here's What You Need To ... ›
- Ontario's Modified G Road Tests Might Temporarily Scrap Parallel ... ›
- Ontario Has Extended Modified G Road Tests & You Won't Have To ... ›
- Ontario Has Extended Modified G Road Tests Again & This Time It's 'Until Further Notice' - Narcity ›
- Getting A Driver’s License In Ontario Can Be Tricky & Here’s What Newcomers Should Know - Narcity ›
- How To Get A Driver’s License In Ontario: A Step-By-Step Guide For Newcomers - Narcity ›