Toronto beat out Vancouver by a long shot.
Toronto real estate might as well be a dirty word at this point, and judging by the most recent data, things aren't getting any better.
On October 5, UBS Global Real Estate Bubble Index 2021 revealed that the city now has the "second-largest real estate bubble risk in the world," beating out top another contender, Vancouver, by a significant margin.
Toronto scored a total of 2.02 in the index, which highlights the city's significant risk factor for becoming a real estate bubble in the future.
Local authorities have previously attempted to introduce tighter financing conditions, vacancy fees, and stricter rent control to reduce the rising rents, but it looks like the efforts haven't been proved successful in the big picture.
This article's cover image was used for illustrative purposes only.
- Toronto's Rent Prices Broken Down By Neighbourhood Show The ... ›
- Toronto's Rent Prices For Smaller Units Have Plummeted Almost 23 ... ›
- Toronto Rent Prices Are Getting Super Pricey & It's Much Cheaper ... ›
- First-Time Toronto Homebuyers Are Getting $130K From Their Parents To Afford Down Payments - Narcity ›
- Toronto's Real Estate Is So Pricy That You'll Need To Save For Over 27 Years To Buy A Home - Narcity ›
- A Tiny Piece Of Toronto Land Is On Sale For Almost $50K & It's Less Than A Foot Wide - Narcity ›
- A Tiny Piece Of Toronto Land Is On Sale For Almost $50K & It's Less Than A Foot Wide ›
- 6 Good Reasons Millennials Should Ghost Toronto To Own Way Cheaper Homes In The Bahamas - Narcity ›