Lottery Winner From BC Found Out She'd Won In The Local Pub & Her Husband Didn't Believe Her
At least she was in the right place to celebrate!
A lottery winner in B.C. realized that she was $100,000 richer while she was in her local bar.
Wendy Kinley, from Powell River, was on her way to a friend's house when she went into her local pub to check her Lotto 6/49 ticket.
"I had one ticket left and that was the one," she said.
When she realized she'd scored the $100,000 Guaranteed Prize, she said she called her husband and kids immediately to tell them the exciting news.
"He didn’t believe me… I sent the kids a picture of the validation and they called me right away and were so excited."
Kinley bought the ticket for the December 25, 2021 draw from Carlson Community Club on Joyce Avenue.
With her winnings, she plans to buy some new patio furniture and hopes to spend some on a vacation in the near future.
"It’s amazing. Dreams do come true!" she told the British Columbia Lottery Corporation (BCLC).
In 2021, an incredible $891 million was won by lottery players in B.C.
The BCLC sold more than 100 million winning lottery tickets, with $262 million of those winnings coming from the Lotto Max draw and $42 million was from its Extra draw.
Recent winners include Emma and Seabata Makhakhe, from Victoria, B.C., who won a whopping $500,000 in the Lotto Max draw on January 7. They plan to buy a home in South Africa and another home for Seabata's mom in Lesotho with their winnings.
- Lotto Winners In BC Were 'Dancing Around The Kitchen' After They ... ›
- Lotto Max Winners From BC Are Buying Their Mom A House After A ... ›
- Lotto Max Winners From BC Say They'll Give Their Restaurant Staff ... ›
- A Lottery Winner From BC Said He Didn't Sleep For 3 Days After Landing The $675K Prize - Narcity ›
- Lotto Winners From BC Are Celebrating Their Huge $8M Win In The Most Canadian Way - Narcity ›
- Lotto Winners From BC Played The Same Numbers For 36 Years & Finally Hit The Jackpot - Narcity ›
- BC Lotto Winner Just Scored $2M & Actually Thought The Machine Was Broken At First - Narcity ›