A Woman Posed As A Nurse In A Vancouver Hospital & Even Gave Out Medical Care To Patients
Police investigating the matter have now charged a woman with fraud.
A woman who pretended to be a nurse in a hospital in Vancouver has been charged.
Vancouver Police Department said it launched an investigation in June 2021 into an employee at B.C. Women's Hospital who had allegedly identified herself as a registered nurse.
The woman worked at the hospital between June 2020 and June 2021, according to police.
Constable Tania Visintin said, "Our detectives worked collaboratively with the Ottawa Police Service, which was conducting a parallel investigation into the same suspect.
"We don't yet know how many people in Vancouver may have received treatment from the fraudulent nurse, but we're working with the Provincial Health Services Authority to identify patients who may have had contact with her."
According to police, the investigation found that the woman fraudulently used the name of a real nurse and administered medical care to patients at the hospital.
On November 25, police said that Brigitte Cleroux, 49, has been charged with fraud over $5,000 and personation with intent. She will stay in police custody until her next court appearance.
- This Cold Case Went Unsolved For Over 30 Years & Now ... ›
- 2 Vancouver Police Officers Who Were Caught Posing With A Dead ... ›
- Vancouver Police Is Hiring For A Bunch Of New Roles & You Don't ... ›
- A Store Owner In BC Offered An Employee Money To Have Sex & Fired Her When She Said No - Narcity ›
- A 'Security Breach' At Vancouver Airport Let Travellers Go In The Wrong Door & Skip Customs - Narcity ›
- 2 Tonnes Of 'Khat' Was Seized From A Ship Container Arriving In Vancouver & It Looks Wild - Narcity ›
- A Driver Hit Speeds Of '160 km/h' & 'Swerved Into Oncoming Lanes' Before Crashing In Vancouver - Narcity ›
- A Fake Police Officer Stopped A Driver On A Highway In BC & Then Robbed Him - Narcity ›
- A Nurse Has Been Suspended For Hitting A Hospital Visitor On The Head With An Umbrella In BC - Narcity ›
- Public Safety Advisory Issued In BC For Unlicensed Contractor Who Poses 'Significant Risk' - Narcity ›
- Vancouver General Hospital Was Ranked Among The Best In The World - Narcity ›
- BC Nurse Who Made 'Threatening Comment' To Patient Who Spat At Her Relinquishes Her Registration - Narcity ›
- A Fake Nurse Allegedly Tried To Steal A Baby & Claimed She Was New At The Hospital - Narcity ›