A New Yorker Lasted Just 5 Months Living In Florida & He's Getting Roasted On His TikTok
If you moved to FL from NY, you're probably getting dragged, too.
It's barely been five months and he's ready to leave the Sunshine State as he misses his staple NY favorites, like, as he says, "good pizza".
People on TikTok, mainly those who live in Florida, dragged movers from the northern state, and if you came here from California, you were also roasted in @shaolinsfunnyguy_'s comment section.
The TikToker showed in the video that he's all packed up with the caption "Going back to NYC from FL 🌴✈️," and humorously tells his viewers the reason why he wants to leave.
"Florida, you don't charge me enough in taxes, you treat me too good down here," he joked. "You don't have Chinese food. I haven't had a good pizza in five months. Who am I kidding? Your weather's too beautiful."
5 days left in #florida ✈️🌴 . . #shaolinsfunnyguy #fyp #foryou #viral #foryoupage #floridians #newyorktransplant #comedy #i95 #floridaman #floridalife #nyc #statenisland
He continued to say the water is too clear and he wants "dirty oceans and pollution," so he's going back home. The video got over 253,500,000 views and those who saw it not only were in support of his decision but practically kicked him out of the state.
One woman said, "you seem nice, but really hope this starts a trend!! We want our state and housing prices back!"
Many viewers begged him to take everyone that moved to FL from NY back with him... and that's not the only state.
"Take the Californians with you! You have our support!!!" One of his followers commented on another post about his decision to move.
I lasted 5 months 🥵💦. . #fyp #foryou #shaolinsfunnyguy #viral #foryoupage #floridians #newyorktransplant #comedy #work #funny #floridaproblems #floridaman #southernhospitality #floridaclips
Some people even joked that they were afraid he might stay and wished him well on his move.
While the comment section was hilarious, this creator said he is ready to get away from the heat and humidity at all costs. His descriptions of both states make people laugh and hopefully he'll continue to do so in his next chapter back in his home state.
Before you get going, check out our Responsible Travel Guide so you can be informed, be safe, be smart, and most of all, be respectful on your adventure.
- Thousands Of People Moved To Florida Just Before COVID Hit ... ›
- The Largest Florida Apartment You Can Rent For $1,700 Is In This ... ›
- So Many People Moved To Florida From New York And California ... ›
- A 31-Year-Old Lives In A Florida Retirement Home & TikTok Is So Jealous - Narcity ›
- A Canadian Visited A Florida Store & Called Out All Bizarre Things She Saw On TikTok (VIDEO) - Narcity ›
- A Fool-Proof List Of What To Do When You Move To Florida, According To A Lifelong Local - Narcity ›
- 9 Reasons You Should Not Move To Florida, As Told By A Local Born & Raised Here - Narcity ›
- A TikToker Opened A Mystery Window In Her 'Weird' NY Apartment & It Was Creepy AF - Narcity ›
- 6 Things About New York That Make Me Happy I Live In Florida - Narcity ›
- ChatGPT Gave 7 Reasons Why You Should Move To Florida & It's So Accurate From A Locals POV - Narcity ›