Alberta Lotto Max Winner's Mom Said He Looked Like He 'Saw A Ghost' After Scoring Big
He's going to help out his mom with the money!
A Lotto Max winner in Alberta was with his mom when he found out he won and she got to see his reaction to winning in real time.
Gary Soucie picked up a ticket a couple of days before the February 3 Lotto Max draw from the 7-Eleven at 102 Genesis Dr. in Stony Plain.
It wasn't until a week later, when Soucie's mom was in town visiting, that he decided to check his ticket on the Lotto Spot app.
"We were sitting on the couch and I realized I hadn't checked my ticket, so I grabbed them," he said.
When he scanned the ticket, Soucie realized he'd scored an impressive $162,913 and couldn't believe it at first. It sounds like his face told the entire story.
"My mom said it looked like I saw a ghost," he added.
While he still doesn't quite believe his fortune, Soucie has a few ideas already on how to spend his winnings and they mostly involve helping out his mom.
"Help with debt, help my mom out, and get a more reliable vehicle for my mom," he said.
"It feels awesome," he added.
Another Lotto Max winner in Alberta thought he won $10,000 at first and it wasn't until he checked the photo he took to celebrate that he realized he'd actually won way more.
Late last year, a Lotto Max winner in Calgary ended up winning the enormous sum of $70 million, breaking records in the province. He said the whole experience was "nerve-wracking."
- Lotto Max's Next Draw Has A Whopping $59 Million Up For Grabs & Here's What You Need To Know ›
- We Asked ChatGPT How To Pick Lotto Max Winning Numbers & It Gave Some Surprising Tips ›
- Lotto Max Winner In Alberta Thought He Won $10K But Was 'Shocked' When He Checked Again ›
- Lotto Winner In Alberta Was In Shock After Scoring Big & Had To Scan Her Ticket 10 Times - Narcity ›
- 2 Lotto Max Prizes Worth $100K Haven't Been Claimed & The Tickets Were Sold In Alberta - Narcity ›
- An Alberta Lottery Winner Was 'Jumping' & 'Crying' When She Found Out She Won - Narcity ›