As gas prices are set to rise across Canada tomorrow, drivers in Alberta will be relieved to hear that prices are set to drop across the province as a result of the suspension of the collection of the fuel tax.
Prices at the pumps will drop by 8 cents per litre for regular gas in Edmonton and Calgary for April 1, according to the latest data from price prediction website Gas Wizard.
That is in stark contrast to prices across most of Canada.
Gas prices in Toronto are expected to rise by 6 cents per litre, and Vancouver will see prices rise by 5 cents per litre. Barrie and Windsor, Ontario, are set to see the steepest price hike of 7 cents per litre for regular gas.
Alberta's dropping fuel costs come as a result of the province suspending collection of the fuel tax from April 1.
Earlier this month, Alberta announced it would drop fuel tax to help combat "skyrocketing" gas prices in the province.
“These costs will drive the price of groceries up further as it costs more and more to get delivery trucks from warehouses to stores,” he said when announcing the measures.
The suspension of fuel tax means a 13-cents-per-litre break at the pumps in the province.
The government said while it will review the collection of fuel tax on a quarterly basis, it would not be reinstated before July 1.
- People In Alberta Are Comparing How Much They Spend On ... ›
- Someone Posted A Throwback To Gas Prices In March 2020 ... ›
- Alberta Is Dropping Its Fuel Tax & It'll Make Gas Prices 13 Cents A ... ›
- Jason Kenney Took Aim At The 'Laptop Class' In A Fuel Tax Tweet & People Clapped Back - Narcity ›
- Someone Shared Alberta Gas Prices From March 2020 & It's Bringing A Tear To People's Eyes - Narcity ›