York Police Arrest Impaired Man After He Allegedly Let His 12-Year-Old Son Drive (VIDEO)
"I've never seen this in my life."
York Regional Police is praising a 911 caller for potentially saving lives after they reported an incident of impaired driving earlier this month.
The caller claimed he saw a 12-year-old boy driving around with his "visibly" drunk father in the passenger seat.
"The car in front of me has almost caused two accidents. I pulled up and there's a 12-year-old kid driving the car," the caller told the operator.
"I've never seen this in my life. Two cars honked, finally the dad took over the driving and he's swerving and he's braking, so I wonder if he was intoxicated and let his 12-year-old son drive," they continued.
Police later released a video of the incident where officers can be seen intercepting the vehicle before conducting a sobriety test and arresting the father.
Police say the driver was charged with impaired operation of a motor vehicle and child endangerment.
- Ontario Police Are Reminding Drivers Under 22 That Impaired ... ›
- Ontario Police Are Now Posting The Names Of Impaired Drivers ... ›
- A Naked Guy Was Caught On Cam In Richmond Hill Lurking Outside A Home At Night - Narcity ›
- Police Charge Ontario Woman With Impaired Driving After She Crashes Car Into An LCBO - Narcity ›
- An Ontario Driver Actually Tried To Buy Gas With Weed & May Be Going To Jail - Narcity ›
- Someone Drove Into 2 Officers At A RIDE Check In Hamilton & Police Are Looking For A Woman - Narcity ›
- Ontario Woman Charged For Impaired Driving & Speeding With A Child In the Backseat (VIDEO) - Narcity ›