Kyle Lowry Is In A Canadian Super Bowl Ad & They Roasted His Basketball Skills (VIDEO)
"Kyle Lowry has missed over 6,000 shots in his career. Don't be like Kyle."
Narcity may receive a small commission if you buy something from this article, which was created independently by Narcity's Editorial team just for you.
Kyle Lowry might not be a Raptor anymore, but his ties to Canada still run deep.
The NBA star partnered with Bitbuy, a Canadian cryptocurrency company, to appear in a hilarious Super Bowl commercial.
The ad roasts Lowry for supposedly missing 6,000 shots over his basketball career while encouraging Canadians to not miss out on investing opportunities.
"Our next Bitbuy commercial is about missed opportunities," a presenter says before playing Lowry a sample ad.
"Kyle Lowry has missed over 6,000 shots in his career. Don't be like Kyle and miss your opportunity again, and again, and again, and again, and again," the commercial's narrator says as a huge red X appears on the basketball player's face.
"Seriously?" Lowry can be heard saying in response to the dig.
Binu Koshy, BitBuy's communications director, told Narcity that the ad marks the "first time a Canadian crypto company has partnered with a professional athlete from one of the major sports leagues."
The company signed a deal with Lowry on December 2 and flew down to Miami to shoot three commercials on his day off.
Lowry, who is now a Miami Heat point guard, has never shied away from his love for the 6ix. Back in November, Lowry revealed that the city is still his home and that he plans to sign a one-day contract and retire as a Raptor.
So it's not that surprising that he chose to appear in a Canadian Super Bowl commercial, opposed to an American one.
- Kyle Lowry's Mom Went To Last Night's Raptors Game & She's Still ... ›
- Kyle Lowry Said His Final Goodbye To TO & It's Heartwrenching ... ›
- 11 Of The Best Super Bowl 2022 Commercials That Canadians May Have Missed (VIDEOS) - Narcity ›
- So Many Canadian Celebs Attended The Super Bowl & Here's What They Got Up To (PHOTOS) - Narcity ›
- Eminem Took A Knee To Protest At The Super Bowl Halftime Show & The Reaction Was Intense - Narcity ›
- Super Bowl 2022 Delivered Some Epic Trailers For Marvel, Jordan Peele & Many Other Movies - Narcity ›
- These Nostalgic Super Bowl 2022 Ads Brought Back Dr. Evil & Even Revived The Sopranos (VIDEOS) - Narcity ›
- Toronto Just Declared April 3 'Kyle Lowry Day' & The Love Is So Real - Narcity ›
- A Kyle Lowry Statue Popped Up In Toronto Last Weekend & Fans Had A Few Things To Say - Narcity ›
- Kyle Lowry Opened Up About His Emotional Return To Toronto & It Was So Wholesome - Narcity ›
- Kyle Lowry Is Having A Toronto Street Named After Him & The Ceremony Is Next Week - Narcity ›