Ontario has administered over 22 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines.
Ontario's daily COVID-19 cases have risen again, with the provincial government reporting 563 new cases on Friday morning.
According to Christine Elliott, Ontario's minister of health, 314 of the confirmed cases were linked to individuals who are not fully vaccinated or have an unknown vaccination status. The remaining 249 cases are in residents who are fully vaccinated.
In Ontario, 22,585,340 vaccine doses have been administered. Nearly 88.4% of Ontarians 12+ have one dose and nearly 84.9% have two doses.\n \n225 people are hospitalized with #COVID19. 168 are not fully vaccinated or have an unknown vaccination status and 57 are fully vaccinated.— Christine Elliott (@Christine Elliott) 1636121702
The last time case numbers hit over 500 was nearly a month ago, when the government reported 535 cases on October 10. On October 9, 654 cases were reported.
Currently, Ontario has administered 22,585,340 vaccine doses, with nearly 84.9% of Ontarians aged 12 and over fully vaccinated.
Health Canada has a robust website with all the latest information on COVID-19 vaccines and can answer any questions you may have.
- Is A COVID-19 Endemic Headed For Ontario? Experts Weigh In ... ›
- Here's How To Get Your COVID-19 Vaccination Record In Ontario ... ›
- Ontario COVID-19 Cases Could Hit 1,300 A Day, Says Science ... ›
- Dr. Tam Says Canada Isn't 'Out Of The Woods' Yet With COVID-19 But She Has A Target For 2022 - Narcity ›
- Canada's Top Doc Is Warning Canadians About COVID-19 'Turbulence' In The Next Few Months - Narcity ›
- Ontario's Daily COVID-19 Cases Are The Highest The Province Has Seen In Over 2 Months - Narcity ›
- Ontario Just Hit Its Highest Daily COVID-19 Case Count Since May - Narcity ›