Proof of vaccination will be required at certain businesses starting this month.
As the province announced on September 1 that Ontario is getting vaccine certificates, people started to protest against vaccination certification at Queen's Park and were heard shouting "no vax pass" and "I want my freedom back."
Protesters were seen carrying signs, including ones that read "coercion is not consent," "vaccine mandates violate bodily autonomy," and "no to vaccine mandates."
"If people want to get angry, they want to protest, come down to Queen's Park," Doug Ford said during the announcement. "They can protest, they can do cartwheels, do whatever they want down here."
Moments later, the demonstrators were spotted doing cartwheels.
As of September 22, Ontarians will have to be fully vaccinated and show proof of vaccination along with photo ID to be able to access some non-essential businesses including movie theatres, indoor restaurants and gyms.
That proof will be a "paper or PDF vaccine receipt that includes all relevant information to prove that they are fully vaccinated," which can be accessed through the Ontario booking portal.
By October 22, the provincial government will introduce an "enhanced" digital vaccine certificate, which will be a unique QR code and verification app that residents can use to show they've been vaccinated.
Health Canada has a robust website with all the latest information on COVID-19 vaccines and can answer any questions you may have.
- Ontario Vaccine Certificates Have 2 Valid Medical Exemptions & You'll Need A Doctor's Note - Narcity ›
- Doug Ford Calls Anti-Vaccine Protests At Ontario Hospitals 'Selfish' & 'Reckless' - Narcity ›
- Anti-Vaccine Protestors Swarmed Toronto General Hospital & Someone Carried A Giant Crucifix (PHOTOS) - Narcity ›
- Ontario Vaccine Certificates Are Almost Here & This Is Everywhere You'll Need It - Narcity ›
- Oakville Resto Risks Hefty Fines & Welcomes Unvaxxed Diners Without A Vaccine Passport - Narcity ›
- Toronto Hasn't Laid Any Charges For COVID-19 Vaccine Rules But Warnings Have Been Given - Narcity ›
- Ontario Restaurant's Liquor Licence Suspended For Refusing To Follow COVID-19 Rules - Narcity ›
- The Ontario Government Is Being Asked To Ban Anti-Vaxx Protests Near Hospital & Schools - Narcity ›