Ford Just Announced The New Pay Raise For PSWs Is Here To Stay For Good
"It's a guarantee, we're going to do it."
Premier Doug Ford just announced that the pay increase for personal support workers (PSWs) will remain in place permanently.
In a press conference on Monday, Ford stated that PSWs could expect to see a $3 an hour increase for good. "It's a guarantee, we're going to do it," said Ford.
The wage increase was initially brought on as a temporary measure during COVID-19, with a current expiry date of August 23, 2021.
Over 150,000 personal support workers' pay was increased by $3 per hour with the exception of workers in public hospitals who received a $2 per hour increase.
"I've always said, folks, PSWs are over-worked, under-paid and they deserve every single penny times 10. So we're going to keep that in place, the $3 an hour pay for them," Ford stated.
- Ontario's Pandemic Pay Increase Is Now Available To More ... ›
- Ontario Personal Support Workers' Temporary Raise Is Extended ... ›
- PSW Temporary Raise In Ontario Will Last Even Longer - Narcity ›
- PSW Wage Increase In Ontario Has Been Extended Until The Fall - Narcity ›
- Ontario Nurses Can Now Get Up To $10K A Year For School & Here's What You Need To Know - Narcity ›
- Ontario PSWs Can Now Get Over $13K For School & Here's Who's Eligible - Narcity ›
- Ontario Is Set To Make PSW Temporary Pay Raise Permanent & It Was Set To Expire In March - Narcity ›