It was an "ultra-rare" event.
A tornado swept through parts of Vancouver on Saturday, November 6, and the videos from the unexpected event are pretty shocking.
TWN said that an event like this is "ultra-rare" and that thankfully, there haven't been any injuries reported as of yet.
In the video below, you can really see the formation of the tornado off in the distance.
did anyone else see this in south van? #vancouver #waterspout #tornado #yvrpic.twitter.com/q7BXqfDnw1— No Name November (@No Name November) 1636243530
This person captured the scene of the apocalyptic-looking situation from inside their car:
"That is insane," one person exclaims in the video below before super-heavy rain starts to fall. "I've never seen anything like it," said another.
And the aftermath of the storm was also pretty intense with fallen trees blocking roadways.
My son - out on transit alone for the first time - sent these videos from Chancellor Blvd. He said 3 trees are down, so no traffic can get through. All passengers on many buses had to get off & walk #bcstormpic.twitter.com/7cPRcI8ekU— Dr Melanie Antweiler (@Dr Melanie Antweiler) 1636247825
Unfortunately, more bad weather is on its way to B.C. starting on Sunday night, with more wind, snow, and rain coming this week.
- A Tornado Just Landed In Vancouver & People Were Told To 'Seek ... ›
- Winter Weather Will Bury Canada Way Before December Thanks To ... ›
- BC's Winter Weather Forecast Looks Brutal As La Nina & Another ... ›
- BC Weather Is About To Get Hit By A 'Pineapple Express' & It's Going To Bring So Much Rain - Narcity ›
- At Least Three Tornadoes Touched Down In Saskatchewan & 'Damage Has Been Reported' (PHOTOS) - Narcity ›