A Lotto Max Winning Couple Treated Themselves To Take Out Food After Finding Out They Won
"I couldn't even think about cooking!”
According to a press release from Sask Lotteries, the couple had bought a couple of tickets for the draw on October 21 and couldn't quite understand the results on the machine when they went to check them.
"I saw a five, but I didn't have my glasses," said Blenkinsop of the $500,000 figure, which prompted Stokvis to step in.
"There's a lot of zeroes! I think it's broken!" she said she recalled of the moment, which then made the couple try a different machine to verify their win followed by checking with the cashier who affirmed they did indeed win a cool half a million.
"We decided to order food; I couldn't even think about cooking!" said Stokvis, who had initially planned to make a "nice steak dinner" for the pair.
As for what they plan on doing with the money, the pair are going to do a bit of travelling and put some funds away towards investments.
“I’ve never won anything like this before,” said Stokvis. “You just walk around and then it just hits you that you won, and you just smile!"
As for Blenkinsop, he said he had to take a moment to "slow down" his emotions.
"I was in disbelief!" he explained.
If you want to try your hand at becoming a lottery winner, the next Lotto Max draw will be on Tuesday, January 24 with an estimated jackpot of $21 million.
If you or someone you know is struggling with problem gambling, refer to these helplines across Canada. Support is available.
- Lotto Max Winners Of A $40 Million Jackpot Are Strangers & Here's How They Found Out They Won ›
- Alberta Lotto Max Winner Thought He Might Be Dreaming & Scanned His Ticket Daily For A Week ›
- A Lotto 6/49 Winner In NB Is $1M Richer & Is Using Her Prize Money To Help Out Family ›
- A Lotto Max Winning Couple Scored Big & The Cashier May Have Been More Excited Than They Were - Narcity ›
- A Canadian Lottery-Winning Couple Joke That They're Going To Splurge On '2-Ply Toilet Paper' - Narcity ›