"I looked again; I saw more zeroes!"
A lottery player in Alberta won a huge sum of money in the Lotto Max draw — but only after double-checking his ticket.
Chad Perriot, from Grand Prairie, thought he had only won $100 in the March 29 Lotto Max draw but after a second inspection of his ticket using the Lotto app, he realized he was off by a long way. He had, in fact, won $100,000.
The winning number for the EXTRA part of the Lotto Max draw was 1112619 and Perriot matched the last six digits of it to scoop up the big prize.
"I looked again; I saw more zeroes!," he told the Western Canada Lottery Corporation as he claimed his prize.
Once he found out that he had won a lot more than $100, he called his wife to share the good news.
"It still doesn’t feel real," he said.
Perriot plans to put his winnings towards some renovations on his property and also said he will put some of the money away into savings.
The lucky location where he purchased his ticket was the Circle K located at 6801 Pinnacle St. in Grand Prairie.
If you or someone you know is struggling with problem gambling, there are resources available across Canada. Help is available.
- 2 Lotto Max Winners From Alberta Won A Total Of $350K & Here's ... ›
- 3 Lotto Winners In Alberta Won Big Money This Month & Here's How ... ›
- $70M Lotto Max Winner Named As Lucky 'Albertan' Didn't Actually ... ›
- Lotto Winner From BC Thought He'd Won $75 Until He Checked His Ticket Again - Narcity ›
- Lotto Max Winner From Alberta 'Sounded Funny' When She Told Her Daughter About Her Huge Win - Narcity ›