There are currently 13 active investigations related to the demonstration.
There have been two arrests made relating to behaviour during the Freedom Convoy 2022 in the nation's capital and more incidents are under investigation.
On February 1, the Ottawa Police Service announced that it had arrested and charged Matthew Dorken, a 29-year-old of Ottawa, with "Mischief under $5,000."
Police said that on January 29, a man caused mischief to property but he was not arrested at the time because officers wanted to avoid a larger confrontation.
On January 30, Andre J. Lacasse, a 37-year-old of Ottawa, was charged with "Carry a Weapon to a Public Meeting" under the Criminal Code of Canada.
When it comes to the entire demonstration in the capital city, Ottawa Police reports that along with the two men arrested and charged with criminal offences, there are currently 13 active investigations.
There have also been eight complaints to the police hotline. Three of those will be investigated by the Hate and Bias Crime Unit.
Police said that some progress had been made in the investigation into the desecration of the National War Memorial but no further details were given.
On Sunday, Jagmeet Singh slammed protesters for allegedly urinating and jumping on the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at the National War Memorial.
"Claiming to be fighting for freedom while disrespecting those who lost their lives fighting for our freedom is despicable," Singh tweeted.
Ottawa Police also reported that there has been a reduction in the number of protesters who are in the nation's capital.
About 50 people are still on Parliament Hill and another 200 people are gathered nearby, they said.
This article's cover image was used for illustrative purposes only.
- People Are Gathering With The Freedom Convoy At Parliament Hill ... ›
- Ottawa Police Urge Canadians To Report 'Hate Motivated Incidents ... ›
- Justin Trudeau Called The Freedom Convoy Heading To Ottawa A ... ›
- GoFundMe Has Paused Donations To The Freedom Convoy & Put The Fundraiser Under Review ›
- Donald Trump Called Trudeau A 'Far-Left Lunatic' Who 'Destroyed' Canada With COVID-19 Mandates ›
- Ottawa Councillor Says Freedom Convoy Protestors Are 'Terrorists' Who Are 'Torturing' Locals - Narcity ›
- Around 100 Ottawa Convoy Trucks Have Kids Living In Them & It's Complicating Police Work - Narcity ›
- New Zealand Showed Canada How It Handles ‘Freedom Convoy’ Protesters With Over 100 Arrests - Narcity ›
- Ottawa Police Are Prepared To Use Rarely Seen 'Techniques' To Clear Out The Protesters - Narcity ›
- Ottawa Saw An Increase In Crime According To Police Report & Vehicle Theft Is Up - Narcity ›