This Easy Hike Near Ottawa Has Lush Forests & A Boardwalk Going Over Roaring Rapids
Only 40 minutes from downtown.
A perfect way to escape into nature without having to go on an intense hike for hours, Blakeney Rapids Trail is a beautiful adventure from Ottawa where you can explore the Mississippi River.
The one-kilometre hike is an in-and-out trail through a forest park. You'll be able to cross river rapids as you walk over a wooden boardwalk.
You'll notice a number of rocky islands with scattered trees within the river, and be able to look out from the shore. It is a relaxing hike where you can take your time.
There are mossy trees and a number of inlets of bedrock, as well as nearby areas for swimming and kayaking in warmer months. There are also a number of picnic tables if you choose to bring a snack.
This trail and park are also just down the road from the Mill of Kintail Conservation Area if you decide you feel like hiking some more.
Blakeney Rapids Trail
Address: 137 Blakeney Rd., Almonte, ON
Why You Need To Go: It is an easy hike with gorgeous forest and river rapids scenery. Plus, it's an ideal picnic spot once the weather warms up.
Before you get going, check out our Responsible Travel Guide so you can be informed, be safe, be smart, and most of all, be respectful on your adventure.
- This Easy Ottawa Trail Goes Over The Water & Is Perfect For Your ... ›
- This Hiking Trail In Ottawa Has Boardwalk Bridges & Lookouts Over ... ›
- 8 Best Hikes Near Ottawa To Explore Magical Forests, According To ... ›
- This Easy Hike Near Ottawa Has A Massive Waterfall That Is Taller Than Niagara Falls - Narcity ›
- This Ontario Hiking Trail Has A Giant Suspension Bridge & Hidden Blue Water Beaches - Narcity ›
- This Easy Hiking Trail Near Ottawa Has Wooden Boardwalks, Stone Buildings & Grassy Fields - Narcity ›