It's less than 1-km!
If you're looking for some fresh air, but don't want an intense hike, this simple Ottawa trail is the one to check out.
The Sarsaparilla Trail in Stony Swamp Conservation is an easy hiking trail loop, featuring a boardwalk to a blissful lake view.
The full trail length is under one kilometre, so it's a perfect one to take that friend who doesn't enjoy hiking.
Take your time admiring the chickadee birds hopping through the trees, and the fresh snowfall over a quiet lake.
There are multiple other trail options within a five minutes drive of the parking lot. If you enjoy the area, continue exploring with the Stony Swamp Trail, Jack Pine Trail and Lime Kiln Trail.
Address: NCC 22, Ottawa, ON
Why You Need To Go: It's quick and easy to reach a picturesque boardwalk looking over a calm lake and surrounding forest.
Before you get going, check our Responsible Travel Guide so you can be informed, be safe, be smart, and most of all, be respectful on your adventure.
- 8 Ontario Boardwalk Trails That Are More Magical In The Winter ... ›
- Ottawa Has A Free Movie Theatre Made Of Snow & It's The Most ... ›
- 6 Best Sledding Hills Around Ottawa That Will Have You Playing ... ›
- This Ottawa Hiking Trail Has Trees That Touch The Sky & Is Extra Magical In The Winter - Narcity ›
- This Easy Hike Near Ottawa Has Lush Forests & A Boardwalk Going Over Roaring Rapids - Narcity ›
- This Easy Hiking Trail Near Ottawa Has Wooden Boardwalks, Stone Buildings & Grassy Fields - Narcity ›