The first Michelin Guide in Canada just dropped!
The list was revealed at the Michelin Star Revelation in Toronto on Tuesday evening, with 12 restaurants awarded one star, and one restaurant taking home two stars. No Toronto restaurants qualified for three stars this year.
Toronto Now Has Michelin Guide 🍽 #toronto #michelinguide #narcitytoronto #fyp #torontofoodie
The guide was first announced back in May and since then Michelin inspectors have been dining at places across the city and rating them based on factors like quality of products and mastery of flavour and cooking techniques.
Seventeen other restaurants received recognition under the Bib Gourmand category, which acknowledges spots that serve quality food for a good price.
"I happen to believe tonight is a very, very important night for the city," Mayor John Tory said at the Michelin Star Revelation.
"It's a big deal because it is going to put Toronto [...] on the map, just like TIFF does, and I think that's important for the well-being of the industry that suffered so much during the pandemic. But I think it's also important for the well-being and the growth and the success and the reputation of the city."
"This is going to help us on that path to being the city that I know we are, which I believe is the greatest city in the greatest country in the world," he added.
Here are the Toronto restaurants that have been awarded Michelin stars for 2022.
- Aburi Hana
- Alobar Yorkville
- Don Alfonso 1890
- Enigma Yorkville
- Kaiseki Yu-zen Hashimoto
- Osteria Giulia
- The Ace
- Bar Raval
- Cherry St. Bar-B-Que
- Chica's Chicken
- Fat Pasha
- Enoteca Sociale
- Favorites Thai
- Fonda Balam
- Grey Gardens
- Indian Street Food Company
- La Bartola
- Puerto Bravo
- SumiLicious Smoked Meat & Deli
- Toronto Is Getting Canada's First Michelin Guide & Here's What You ... ›
- 14 Toronto Restaurants That Locals Say Deserve A Spot In The ... ›
- 6 Toronto Restaurants That Locals Say Should've Gotten A Michelin Star - Narcity ›
- Here's Every Michelin-Starred Restaurant In Vancouver For 2022 - Narcity ›
- Toronto Has Way More Michelin-Starred Restaurants Than Vancouver & It's Embarrassing - Narcity ›
- The 5 Best Mexican Restaurants In Toronto, According To The Michelin Guide - Narcity ›
- Toronto Restaurant Chain Got 18 Infractions From Health Inspectors & Hair Was An Issue - Narcity ›
- You Can Now Pay Up To $100 To Reserve The Best Table At Certain Toronto Restaurants - Narcity ›