Toronto Woman In Critical Condition After A Hit-And-Run By King & Spadina This Morning
"They knew exactly what happened, and they were fleeing."
A Toronto woman estimated to be in her 20s is in critical condition after a hit-and-run on Thursday morning on Spadina Avenue south of King Street.
The Toronto Police Service told Narcity they were called to the scene at approximately 3:16 a.m. on Thursday for reports of a "fail to remain" and located a young woman who had been struck by a moving vehicle.
TPS says the woman appeared to be 20 to 25 years old and was transported to a hospital with "serious life-threatening injuries."
#Traffic #Investigators are seeking info and/or video from an early morning #FailToRemain #Collision that occurred in the @cityoftoronto Thursday April 14, 2022 please watch the @YouTube video found at the link below for more details. https://t.co/pUbCU79QTh@TPScott_baptist
— TPS Traffic Services (@TrafficServices) April 14, 2022
Sgt. Murray Campbell told reporters on the scene that the woman was found on the roadway and was transported to a trauma centre.
Campbell says although the investigation is "in its infancy," they "currently believe that there was a single motor vehicle involved that was southbound on Spadina Avenue and that it was travelling at a high rate of speed."
The vehicle is believed to be a "dark coloured Mercedes" and is most likely a later model. Campbell says parts of the vehicle were left behind on the scene and that the "vehicle involved will have damage to the front end of the car."
According to Campbell, the vehicle did come to a stop following the collision and then proceeded to flee the scene at a "high rate of speed."
"They were fleeing the area. They knew exactly what happened, and they were fleeing," Campbell told reporters on Thursday.
Traffic Services has taken over the investigation and asks anyone with information or dashcam footage to call them at 416-808-1900.
- 100-Year-Old Woman Was Struck By A Car In Toronto & Left With 'Life-Threatening Injuries' - Narcity ›
- Hit-And-Run In North York Left A Man On An E-Scooter Suffering Life-Threatening Injuries - Narcity ›
- Ontario Mom & Her 10-Year-Old Son Were Hit By A Car & He Has 'Life Altering' Injuries - Narcity ›
- An Ontario Man Has Been Charged After 2 Hit & Runs In The Same Day This Past Weekend - Narcity ›
- A Toronto Hit & Run Sent A Woman To Hospital Last Night & Police Are Investigating - Narcity ›
- Toronto Police Looking To Identify Driver After Hit-And-Run Sends 2 To Hospital (PHOTOS) - Narcity ›
- Toronto Police Close Streets & Tell People To Avoid The Area Ahead Of Protest This Weekend - Narcity ›
- A Toronto Police Officer Was Arrested After Allegedly Stealing A Missing Person's Stuff - Narcity ›