He's been suspended with pay.
A Toronto police officer who's been on the force for 16 years is facing 10 charges for allegedly stealing a missing person's things.
The Toronto Police Service said in a press release on Tuesday that 48-year-old Constable Boris Borissov has been arrested and charged for theft and has since been suspended with pay under the Police Services Act.
Police claim that Borissov was involved in a missing person investigation back in February of this year, where it is alleged that he gave another man that missing individual's debit card.
The man then allegedly "used the missing person's debit card to make a purchase at a store in Mississauga." And after they investigated further, police said both the man and Borissov also allegedly "fraudulently obtained motor vehicles."
Borissov has now been charged with fraud, theft, unauthorized use of a computer system, three counts of breach of trust, possession of property obtained by crime, trafficking a credit card, attempt to obstruct justice, and "use credit card in commission of offence."
Police said he is scheduled to appear in court on May 27 at 2 p.m.
This is the second cop that TPS has suspended with pay recently. On April 7, police "criminally charged" Constable Sameer Kara with assault after allegedly hitting a woman when he was off duty.
According to the Police Services Act, officers can be suspended with pay if they are "suspected of or charged with an offence under a law of Canada or of a province or territory or is suspected of misconduct."
This article's cover image was used for illustrative purposes only.
- A Toronto Police Officer Has Been Arrested & Charged With Assault ... ›
- A Police Officer Was Allegedly Punched In The Face At A Blue Jays ... ›
- A Police Officer In Toronto Accidentally Shot Himself & Is Seriously ... ›
- Toronto Woman In Critical Condition After A Hit-And-Run By King & Spadina This Morning - Narcity ›
- A GTA Cop Allegedly Faked Evidence When He Pulled Someone Over & Police Have Charged Him - Narcity ›
- Toronto Police Are Asking For The Public's Help In Locating A Missing 16-Year-Old Girl - Narcity ›
- Toronto Police Officer Charged For Allegedly Releasing Confidential Info 'Numerous Times' - Narcity ›
- Toronto Police Are Asking For The Public's Help To Find A Missing 14-Year-Old Teen - Narcity ›
- Third Suspect Turns Herself In As Police Investigate Huge Moving Scam In Toronto - Narcity ›
- Toronto Police Are Looking For Suspects That Injured An Entire Group Of People - Narcity ›
- Toronto Police Asked The Public For Help After A 14-Year-Old Girl Went Missing Yesterday - Narcity ›
- Toronto Police Are Asking The Public To Help Locate A Missing 13-Year-Old Boy - Narcity ›