"He has been listed as being in stable condition."
A Toronto police officer has serious injuries after accidentally shooting himself in the hand and the leg.
He was taken to the hospital for treatment, and a spokesperson for the Toronto Police Service told Narcity that he "has been listed as being in stable condition."
The incident occurred on Thursday, around 2:45 p.m. when police officers were in the area of the CF Fairview Mall.
Constable Alex Li, a spokesperson for the police force, told Narcity that there was an "accidental discharge of a firearm and an officer injured himself in the hand and the leg."
Li added that the injuries are serious, but not life-threatening.
No one else was injured from the accidental discharge, and "the matter is being investigated by Professional Standards," said Li.
The Toronto Police Service website clarifies that the Professional Standards unit is "charged with the responsibility of promoting and supporting professionalism throughout the organization."
- Toronto Police Officer Gave $450 Worth Of Parking Tickets In ... ›
- Toronto Woman Arrested After Allegedly Threatening People With A ... ›
- Toronto Police Looking To Identify Driver After Hit-And-Run Sends 2 ... ›
- Someone Was Shot In An Ontario Walmart & Police 'Contained' A House Where Suspect Could Be - Narcity ›
- A Toronto Police Officer Was Arrested After Allegedly Stealing A Missing Person's Stuff - Narcity ›
- A GTA Cop Allegedly Faked Evidence When He Pulled Someone Over & Police Have Charged Him - Narcity ›
- A 17-Year-Old Has Been Charged After Accidentally Shooting Himself & Another Teen In Ajax - Narcity ›
- A Teen Babysitter In Winnipeg Was Accidentally Shot By A Toddler With A Handgun - Narcity ›