Toronto Police Looking To Identify Driver After Hit-And-Run Sends 2 To Hospital (PHOTOS)
Both women sustained serious injuries. 🤕
Police are asking for the public's help in identifying a driver who failed to remain at the scene following a collision in the city's west end.
According to the Toronto Police Service (TPS), the incident occurred on March 20 at around 2:52 a.m.. Officers responded to reports of a "fail to remain personal injury collision" involving a vehicle and two female pedestrians.
Police say the women were walking on the eastern side of the crosswalk at the intersection of Bathurst and Niagara street when they were hit.
"The vehicle completed a left turn onto Niagara Street and struck an 18-year-old woman and a 26-year-old woman who were crossing southbound in the marked crosswalk," an excerpt from the report reads.
The suspect is said to have been driving a 2015-2019 white Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Double Cab 4x4 pickup truck with a short bed.
"As a result, both women were rushed to hospital with serious injuries. The white Chevrolet pickup truck fled the scene eastbound along Niagara Street," it adds.
It is unclear at the moment whether the victims have been released from the hospital.
Police released security camera images of the truck on Wednesday, March 23, in the hopes of identifying the individual.
The vehicle was last seen travelling southbound on Bathurst Street.
Investigators are calling on residents, businesses, and drivers who may have witnessed the collision or have security or dash-camera footage of the area or incident, to reach out.
Anyone with further information is being asked to contact police at 416-808-1900 or Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477).
- Toronto Police Just Charged A Man Allegedly Involved In The Fatal ... ›
- A Police Officer In Toronto Accidentally Shot Himself & Is Seriously Injured - Narcity ›
- Toronto Police Giving Away $50K For Info To Help Arrest Murder & Attempted Murder Suspects - Narcity ›
- A GTA Teen Pleaded Guilty For The Death Of 2 Siblings Who Were Hit By A Car In A Driveway - Narcity ›
- Toronto Woman In Critical Condition After A Hit-And-Run By King & Spadina This Morning - Narcity ›
- Hit-And-Run In North York Left A Man On An E-Scooter Suffering Life-Threatening Injuries - Narcity ›
- Ontario Mom & Her 10-Year-Old Son Were Hit By A Car & He Has 'Life Altering' Injuries - Narcity ›
- An Ontario Man Has Been Charged After 2 Hit & Runs In The Same Day This Past Weekend - Narcity ›
- A Toronto Hit & Run Sent A Woman To Hospital Last Night & Police Are Investigating - Narcity ›
- Impaired Hit And Run Accident In Regent Park Reportedly Kills Toronto Mother Of Three - Narcity ›
- 4-Year-Old Hit-And-Run Victim Gets Support Through Raptors Ticket Auction In Toronto - Narcity ›