A New Study Shows Rent In Vancouver Is Now So Expensive Even Toronto Can't Keep Up
If you thought Toronto was expensive, look away now.
Western Canada Editor
Oct 17, 2021, 8:49 AM
Vancouver rent prices are known for being out of control, but now we can see just how much.
Zumper released a national rent report and Vancouver is at the very top of the list — beating out Toronto by $330 a month for a one-bedroom.
The study looked at thousands of listings across 23 of the largest Canadian cities. Vancouver took first place with an average rent of $2,130 for a one-bedroom — growing 1.4% from this time last year.
Toronto took second place with rent climbing 1.7%, to an average of $1,800.
Two bedrooms in Vancouver go for an average of $2,900 now.
Barrie, Ont. took the third spot on the list, and Kelowna, B.C. was fourth.
From Your Site Articles
- Rent Prices In Canada: Here's How Much Rent Costs Across The ... ›
- Rent In Vancouver Is So High That It Would Cost You Nearly $30k ... ›
- $340K Buys A Home Outright In These Provinces & It's Only An Average Down Payment Gift In BC - Narcity ›
- These Phrases Confused The Hell Out Of People In BC When I Moved From The East Coast Of Canada - Narcity ›
- BC's Living Wage Is Revealed & This Is How Much You Need To Be Earning For A Basic Life - Narcity ›
- This House In BC Comes With 4 Cabins & It's Still Cheaper Than Buying A Condo In Vancouver - Narcity ›
- The 5 Cheapest Cities To Live In BC & How Much You Need To Earn To Have A Basic Life - Narcity ›
- A New Real Estate Law In BC Will Allow Home Buyers To Back Out & Use A 'Cooling Off' Period - Narcity ›
- BC Gas Prices Are On The Rise & You'll Want To Avoid Filling Up In These Areas - Narcity ›
- 5 Reasons Why Alberta Is Better Than BC & Not Everyone Will Agree - Narcity ›
- This House In BC Has 2 Lakeside Cabins & Is Still Cheaper Than The Average Vancouver Condo - Narcity ›
- Rent Prices Went Down In These BC Cities & One Had The Biggest Drop In All Of Canada - Narcity ›
- 7 Homes For Sale In BC That Cost Less than $700K & Some Are Actually Really Nice - Narcity ›
- BC Is Set To Introduce New Rules For Buying A Home & It's The First Of Its Kind In Canada - Narcity ›
- This Tiny 'Half Room' In Vancouver Costs $500 A Month & Good Luck Trying To Roll Out Of Bed - Narcity ›
- This Vancouver Bar Will Pay Part of Your Rent If You're Up For The Challenge - Narcity ›
- Vancouver Has The Least Affordable Housing Market In Canada & It's Now Impacting All Of BC - Narcity ›