You Won’t Be Able To Buy A Gas-Powered Car In BC Soon & Here Is Their Big Plan
You won't need to worry about gas prices. ⛽
B.C. just announced their next phase of climate action, and part of it means that soon you won't be able to buy a gas-powered car.
The CleanBC Roadmap to 2030 outlines the steps that are going to be taken to reach the province's climate goals. In a press conference on Monday, Premier John Horgan announced that the next phase of the plan is accelerating.
This new plan moves up the goal of zero-emission cars five years sooner than the previous goal of 2040, now in line with the Canada-wide plan.
This means that by 2035, you won't be able to get a gas-powered car, so you can say goodbye to paying expensive gas prices.
As a clean-energy powerhouse, BC can do more to encourage using emissions-free electricity. We have a plan to get more people and businesses switching to clean, affordable, made-in-BC electricity.\u00a0Learn more: https://cleanbc.gov.bc.ca/roadmap-2030\u00a0\n\n#CleanBCpic.twitter.com/IeZcTXHdXC— BC Government News (@BC Government News) 1635201000
The plan also has actions that address pricing carbon pollution, industrial methane emissions, the oil and gas royalty system, public transit, and support for innovation. In the press conference, officials pointed to the ongoing storms, previous wildfires, and potential flooding B.C. is facing due to climate change.
According to a press release, the plan "accelerates measures in B.C.'s continent-leading climate plan that has been proven effective and introduces new ideas to help B.C. achieve the Paris emissions reduction targets for 2030 and reach net-zero by 2050."
The roadmap includes a series of actions that the government is taking, including "a nation-leading adoption of zero-emission vehicles (ZEVs) by 2030 and 100% ZEVs by 2035," according to the press release.
- Canada Is Banning The Sale Of Gas-Powered Cars & It's Happening ... ›
- Gas Prices In BC Are Among The Highest In Canada & These Cities ... ›
- BC Gas Prices Are On The Rise & You'll Want To Avoid Filling Up In These Areas - Narcity ›
- Vancouver Is Banning Plastic Bags & Introducing Fees For Single-Use Cups Next Month - Narcity ›
- 6 New Laws & Regulations That Will Affect People In BC In 2022 - Narcity ›
- 6 New Laws That Come Into Effect In 2022 In BC & The Changes Impact Everyone - Narcity ›
- 6 New Laws That Came Into Effect In 2022 In BC & The Changes Impact Everyone - Narcity ›
- 6 New Laws That Are Now In Effect In BC & The Changes Impact Everyone - Narcity ›
- These Photos Show What Vancouver Transit Could Look Like In 2050 & It's Mind-Blowing - Narcity ›
- Vancouver Gas Prices Set To Hit 200 Cents A Litre Today & You Should Fill Up Here Instead - Narcity ›
- New Gas-Powered Cars Are Set To Be Banned In Canada & Here's Everything We Know So Far - Narcity ›
- Canadians Can Get Up To $5K From The Feds To Buy A More Environmentally Friendly Car - Narcity ›
- You Can Claim Up To $100K From The BC Government If You Buy An Electric Vehicle & Here's How - Narcity ›