Banff Was Just Roasted On 'The Late Late Show With James Corden' For The Most Random Reasons
The town was mentioned 20 times in 37 seconds!
Banff was the subject of a barrel of laughs during Tuesday's episode of The Late Late Show with James Corden, and most of it was about something totally out of the town's control — its name.
Corden said that he had never been to Calgary and asked the pair for recommendations, to which Edgar-Jones said he should go to Banff.
The trio then proceed to all shout the word "Banff" multiple times, before Corden said, "I don't want to go to Banff, I just don't enjoy saying it."
Edgar-Jones described Banff as "the most beautiful place" before adding, "But then it's called Banff," in an aggressive tone of voice.
Corden, Edgar-Jones and Pascal all continued to shout the name in between sentences before Edgar-Jones told a story about a video she took while in the town of Banff.
She said, "We actually made a video when we were in Banff, where we just went into different places in Banff and just said 'Banff' and edited it together."
"There's no way to say it like you're not annoyed," Corden added.
The word "Banff" was actually repeated 20 times in just 37 seconds of the conversation before they moved on to talk about other things to do in Alberta.
The first two episodes of Under The Banner Of Heaven are set to be released on Hulu on April 28. Viewers in Canada can find it on Disney+ "soon," although it's not confirmed whether it will be available in Canada right away.
The miniseries also stars Spider-Man himself Andrew Garfield, and it was filmed in Alberta between August and December last year.
It's based on the 2003 nonfiction book of the same name by Jon Krakauer. In the true crime story, Garfield plays Detective Jeb Pyre, who is investigating the 1984 double murder of Brenda Lafferty (Edgar-Jones) and her young daughter in Salt Lake Valley, Utah.
Meanwhile, the upcoming HBO series The Last of Us starring Pascal is expected to wrap up filming in Alberta in June this year.
- Downtown Calgary Has Been Transformed For 'The Last Of Us ... ›
- 'The Last Of Us' Is Filming All Over Alberta & This Town Was Totally ... ›
- 'Under the Banner of Heaven' Filming Locations Are All Over Alberta ... ›
- Andrew Garfield Gushed About His Love For Alberta & His Favourite Place Is So Random - Narcity ›
- Over 40 Beds Were Found Inside This Banff Home After The Town Got 'Multiple Complaints' - Narcity ›
- 'The Last Of Us' Trailer Just Dropped & This Alberta Landmark Already Makes An Appearance - Narcity ›
- James Corden Was Banned From New York Restaurant & The Owner Blasted Him On Instagram - Narcity ›
- A Small Town In Alberta Was Named As One Of The World's Top Places To Visit In February - Narcity ›
- 'The Last Of Us' Star Pedro Pascal Gushed Over Canada So Much & It Never Gets Old (VIDEOS) - Narcity ›
- Locals Shared The 6 Biggest Banff Tourist Traps & What They Think Is Overrated - Narcity ›