Ford's Daughter Is Pushing 'Natural Immunity' Over Masks & Vaccines On Instagram
As the premier responds to Ontario's soaring COVID-19 cases, Doug Ford's daughter Kayla Ford has taken to Instagram to share her thoughts on mask usage and vaccinations.
Kayla posted a poll to her Instagram story on Monday morning, asking her followers to choose between "Health" and a mask emoji.
She explained her post in more detail to Narcity.
"It’s about actually taking care of yourself — building a healthy immune system through diet, lifestyle, exercise [...]; true health versus a vaccine or injection that typically contains agents of disease-causing microorganisms that medical communities believe will help people," she said.
"It’s about building natural immunity because we are born with the ability to fight off pathogens and viruses since the beginning of time."
Narcity reached out to Dr. Donald Sheppard, Chair of the Department of Microbiology & Immunology at McGill, who debunked the statement on vaccines.
"The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines do not contain disease-causing microorganisms, but rather small fragments of the RNA molecules that contain the genetic code of the virus," said Dr. Sheppard.
"They cannot cause COVID-19 as they are missing the vast majority of the genetic code and other components of the virus," he continued.
"The current pandemic illustrates what our natural immunity can, and cannot do. Vaccines provide our immune system with the blueprint it needs to arm itself and fight off infection — instead of waiting for it to strike."
- Doug Ford's Daughter Shared A Controversial Anti-Vax Message & Ontarians Are Not Impressed - Narcity ›
- Doug Ford's Daughters: 6 Times They Made The News Without Their Dad - Narcity ›
- Kyla Ford's New Cookie Shop Opens Near Toronto Soon & Here's A Look (PHOTOS) - Narcity ›
- 6 Times Doug Ford Has Confused Ontario By Making Tim Hortons His Ride Or Die - Narcity ›
- Doug Ford's Daughter Goes On Another Rant About Vaccines & Slams The Elections (VIDEO) - Narcity ›
- Ford 'Reluctant' Of Vaccine Certificates But Top Doc Says It Will Be In Place Until Spring - Narcity ›
- Ford 'Reluctant' Of Vaccine Certificates But Top Doc Says It Will Be In Place Until Spring ›
- Doug Ford's Daughter Shared A Cryptic Anti-Vax Message On IG Telling People To 'Rise Up' - Narcity ›
- Ford’s Daughter Says Her Cop Husband Is Being Put On 'Unpaid Leave' For Being Unvaccinated - Narcity ›
- An Ontario Teen Whipped Out A Weapon When A Store Employee Asked Them To Mask Up - Narcity ›