"You might want to fact check that."
As Premier Doug Ford continues to urge residents to get vaccinated so Ontario can finally move out of step three of the provincial reopening plan, his daughter Krista Ford Haynes has taken to her Instagram account to share her thoughts on COVID-19 vaccines.
"This is what I got in the mail today, so I'm going to read it to y'all," Premier Ford's eldest daughter said in the video before she flashed the informational COVID-19 flyer to the camera.
In the video, Ford Haynes then reads off each point from the pamphlet, pausing every once in a while to look at the camera.
"The vaccines are effective, they work with your body's natural defense to develop protection against COVID-19. The vaccines cannot give you COVID-19," Ford said, before looking at the camera and adding, "You might want to fact check that."
A boomerang caps off the video with the premier's daughter shaking her head with the pamphlet in hand and the hashtag "mybodymychoice" written in the bottom left corner.
Krista Ford and Doug Ford's office have not responded to Narcity's request for comment.
While her Instagram is private, the video is viewable to the public on Reddit, which has already garnered over 11,000 upvotes and has been a hot topic of conversation on the Ontario board over the last 24 hours. So far there are over 2,000 comments from Reddit users discussing what the premier's daughter had to say.
"This makes my blood boil. She is ignorant and has done no 'fact-checking' before telling thousands of followers so confidently that the vaccine is not safe," one Reddit user wrote.
While this is not the first time one of Doug Ford's daughters has questioned vaccine efficacy, Premier Ford has consistently encouraged Ontarians to get a COVID-19 vaccine and has even begged personal support workers to do the same.
On Tuesday, Ontario's chief medical officer of health, Dr. Kieran Moore, said more than 19 million doses of COVID-19 have been administered in Ontario.
"This tremendous collective effort means we have surpassed our target of having 80% of Ontarians aged 12 and up vaccinated with one dose," said Moore during the press conference.
"I want to continue to implore people to go out and get vaccinated. Since December 14, unvaccinated cases of COVID-19 accounted for 95.4% of COVID cases, with breakthrough cases accounting for only 0.5%. This shows how well vaccination is protecting people in Ontario from COVID-19," he added.
Health Canada has a robust website with all the latest information on the vaccines and can answer any questions you may have. Click here for more information.
- Doug Ford's Family Is Pressuring Him To Open Hair & Nail Salons ... ›
- Kyla Ford Changes The Name Of Her Cookie Shop After ... ›
- Doug Ford's Daughter Is Pushing 'Natural Immunity' Over Masks ... ›
- Doug Ford's Daughters: 6 Times They Made The News Without Their Dad - Narcity ›
- Ontario's PC Party Invoice Was Remade By Someone & It's Fiery AF - Narcity ›
- Dan Levy Calls On Ford Government To Stop Anti-Vax Protests - Narcity ›
- Doug Ford's Daughter Goes On Another Rant About Vaccines & Slams The Elections (VIDEO) - Narcity ›
- Doug Ford Finally Explained Where He's Been After Ontarians Called Him Out For Being MIA - Narcity ›
- Ford 'Reluctant' Of Vaccine Certificates But Top Doc Says It Will Be In Place Until Spring - Narcity ›
- Ford 'Reluctant' Of Vaccine Certificates But Top Doc Says It Will Be In Place Until Spring ›