It looks like speeding may run in the family.
A young driver learned "do as I say, not as I do" the hard way after ending up in the same situation as his mom while speeding down an Ontario highway.
According to the OPP Highway Safety Division, a 22-year-old Bradford motorist was stopped on Highway 400 after an Aurora OPP officer noticed him travelling at 183 km/h.
183km/h - 22y/o driver from Bradford stopped for #StuntDriving on #Hwy400 second time this year by the same #AuroraOPP officer. Speeding appears to run in the family. His mom is currently serving a #30DayLicenceSuspension for stunt driving. #KidsAreWatching (even the big ones)pic.twitter.com/U5PIIekYbD— OPP Highway Safety Division (@OPP Highway Safety Division) 1649740547
In a weird turn of events, the officer turned out to be the same one that had stopped the driver earlier this year, according to OPP.
As if that wasn't bad enough, police also revealed that the speedster's mom currently has her licence suspended for 30 days after getting caught stunt driving.
Unfortunately, stunt drivers are hardly a rare breed in the province, with cases regularly popping up on the OPP's Twitter feed.
In a press release on Monday, Toronto police said that 14 people have been killed on the road in 2022, with 10 of them being pedestrians.
In fact, police said that over 21,000 tickets have been given out to drivers for speeding from January 2022 to March 2022.
Officers also issued 270 tickets for stunt driving, which could result in a suspended or cancelled licence, or the mandatory completion of a driving course, thanks to updated penalties.
Next time you're thinking about pushing your vehicle to the limit while travelling on a busy highway because that's just what your whole family does, consider the actual speed limit.
This article's left-hand cover image was used for illustrative purposes only.
- Ontario's Stunt Driving Penalties Are Officially Harsher Now - Narcity ›
- Stunt Driving Charges In Ontario Could Get More Severe Under ... ›
- Ontario Bus Driver Charged After Going Over 100 km/hr With Kids On Board - Narcity ›
- 75-Year-Old Ontario Driver Was Stopped Twice In Under 10 Minutes & It's So Facepalm Worthy - Narcity ›
- Ontario School Bus Carrying 32 Kids Struck A Commercial Vehicle & Police Are Investigating - Narcity ›
- OPP Pulled Over A Car Going 140 km/h & An Infant Wasn't Buckled Up In The Backseat - Narcity ›
- Ontario Teacher Was Caught Speeding In A Community Safety Zone On The First Day Of School - Narcity ›