"There's just no place for that."
This article contains graphic content that might not be suitable for some readers.
Officials in B.C. have responded to effigies of three politicians, including B.C. Premier John Horgan, which were hung at a protest last week.
The disturbing display was at a protest against the COVID-19 vaccine mandates at the B.C. legislature on the 75th anniversary of the Nuremberg Doctors Trial, which was a trial of Nazi scientists.
The effigies had the faces of Premier John Horgan, Public Safety Minister Mike Farnworth, and Health Minister Adrian Dix put on them. They were all in white suits and hanging by the neck.
According to CTV News, Mike Farnworth said in a radio interview on Monday that "it's incredibly disturbing when you see that and it's also pathetic too," and that "when you're doing something that’s threatening, sending a message of violence to an individual, there's just no place for that."
He was not the only official to respond to the display. B.C. Finance Minister Selina Robinson took to Twitter to speak out.
This is horrifying and absolutely unacceptable.https://twitter.com/GeorgeNDP/status/1469792311617802243\u00a0\u2026— Selina Robinson (@Selina Robinson) 1639261038
Effigies are representations of a person, often life-sized and made to look like a public figure.
The display was on the steps of the legislature, visible to the crowd. The effigies were hanging from what appeared in the video to be large sticks, which were held by people.
Protest signs with messages on them such as "Join Forces Against Agenda," "Imagine if there was a 97% chance you wouldn't get cancer but you were forced to go on chemo just in case," and "Just Following Orders Is No Defence," were shown being held in the video, as well as candles.
- BC's Vaccine Passport Just Got Stricter & Now You'll Need To Show ... ›
- Police Are Investigating After Someone In BC Hung A Confederate ... ›
- An Anti-Mask Pastor Has Been Court Ordered To Preach Science ... ›
- A Doctor Offered Her Own Daughter $5K To Not Get Vaccinated In BC & She Didn't Listen - Narcity ›
- A 'Maskless Monday' Protest In BC Led To 5 People Getting Arrested & 43 Tickets Issued - Narcity ›
- The Freedom Convoy Took Over Metro Vancouver & These Photos Show How Chaotic Things Got - Narcity ›
- Videos Of The Coastal GasLink Attack In BC Were Released & People Were 'Armed With Axes' - Narcity ›