This Alberta Lake Has Sparkling Turquoise Water & You Can Go For A Dip Among The Rockies
It's like an oasis. 🗻☀️
If you're looking for the perfect place to cool off this summer in Alberta, this gorgeous lake delivers some truly stunning mountain views and incredible turquoise water.
Quarry Lake is in Canmore, just over an hour's drive from Calgary but it feels like a million miles away from the city.
The stunning turquoise water of Quarry Lake is enticing enough, but the lake is also surrounded by lush forest and it has impressive mountain views that are out of this world.
Though stunning, the lake is 100m deep in some places so you'll want to be prepared if you're taking a dip, but there is a shallow sandy area perfect for paddling.
Quarry Lake is fed by an underground mountain spring so though the water isn't going to be warm, it's super refreshing to dip your toes on a hot summer's day.
If you do want to swim, you'll probably want to grab a wetsuit to avoid getting chilly. For this reason, swimming in the lake is usually recommended in July and August.
The lake also makes a stunning spot to paddleboard, or even just grab a raft and float if you're looking to truly relax among the gorgeous rockies.
Even on days when swimming isn't an option, Quarry Lake Park is the perfect place to soak in those rays. There are also plenty of grass lawns and picnic tables, so why not bring a picnic too?
As Quarry Lake is accessible by car, bike or on foot from the town of Canmore, you can also make a day of it and spend some time in the adorable Alberta town nestled in the mountains. Not only does the town have some of the most spectacular views around, it also has a ton of great shops, restaurants and bars to check out.
It's even gained some celebrity fans including The Last Of Us' Pedro Pascal and Bella Ramsey.
As well as Quarry Lake, Banff and Kananaskis have plenty of other stunning lakes to check out when summer rolls around. You can take a sunrise dip at Two Jack Lake, or visit one of these incredible Alberta beaches.
Address: Spray Lakes Rd., Canmore, AB
Why You Need To Go: You can take a dip in the turquoise waters of Quarry Lake surrounded by stunning forests and incredible mountain views. It's super accessible from Canmore and it's just over an hour away from Calgary, making the lake the perfect summer day trip.
- 8 Places You Should Visit In Waterton Lakes Instead Of Going To ... ›
- This Hidden Lake Is A 3 km Hike From Moraine Lake & Has ... ›
- 8 Lakes In Alberta You Have To Visit Once In Your Life & It's Not ... ›
- This Sandy Beach Is Opening In Calgary Next Month & You Can Splash Around In The City - Narcity ›
- This Alberta Swimming Spot Has Crystal Clear Water & You Can Hang Out By A Waterfall - Narcity ›
- A Giant Inflatable Water Park Is Opening In Alberta & You Can Bounce Your Way Across A Lake - Narcity ›
- 7 Beaches In Alberta That Are So Tropical They're Better Than A Trip To Punta Cana - Narcity ›
- 9 Alberta Swimming Holes Where You Can Live Your 'Little Mermaid' Fantasy - Narcity ›
- I Moved To Alberta Over A Year Ago & These Are The 9 Places That Wowed Me The Most - Narcity ›