The funeral will take place on Monday, September 19.
According to the royal family, she died peacefully at Balmoral Castle in the afternoon hours of Thursday.
Where to watch the queen's funeral
The queen's funeral will take place on Monday, September 19, at London's Westminster Abbey, the historic church that has been the site of many coronations, including that of Elizabeth herself.
Her funeral will be held at 11 a.m. local time in London, which is 6 a.m. ET or 3 a.m. PT, meaning Canadians will have to wake up fairly early to see the service.
If you're wondering how you can watch the queen's funeral in Canada, CBC News will be broadcasting the funeral live on Monday on several of their stations, including CBC Radio, CBC TV and CBC Gem.
International outlets like BBC will also have televised broadcasts of the event.
Before the funeral, the queen's coffin will lie in state in Westminster Hall for four days, allowing the public to pay their final respects.
How Canada is commemorating the queen
During this time, flags on Government of Canada buildings will be flown at half-mast, lasting until sunset on the day of the queen's funeral.
The mourning period will end on Sunday, September 18. It will be followed by a national day of mourning in Canada on September 19, which will be a federal holiday in the country.
A commemorative service to mark the queen's passing will be held in the Christ Church Cathedral in Ottawa and will be broadcast live and available on media platforms so Canadians across the country can watch and participate.
The ceremony will begin with a memorial parade of the Canadian Armed Forces and RCMP in Ottawa, during which the queen will be given a gun salute.
The ceremony will end with a fly-past by the Royal Canadian Air Force over Parliament Hill.
While details on when the commemorative ceremony will begin haven't been shared, the government says they will be communicated as they become available.
- Queen Elizabeth II Has Died & Here's Everything You Need To ... ›
- Canadians May Not Get A Day Off Work To Mourn The Queen ... ›
- Queen Elizabeth II Has Died At 96 & The Royal Family Says It Was ... ›
- Prince Harry Was Not Sat Near Price William On The Front Row Of The Queen's Funeral - Narcity ›
- Prince Harry Was Not Sat Near Prince William On The Front Row Of The Queen's Funeral - Narcity ›
- Here's What's Happening In Canada On The Day Of Queen Elizabeth II's Funeral - Narcity ›
- King Charles Step Children Tom Parker Bowles and Laura Lopes Attended The Queen's Funeral - Narcity ›