This TikToker Explained The Way To Get Gravy For Poutine That 'Only Canadians Will Understand'
All Canadians have heard of "pooteen plants," right?
In a video shared on July 28, Thomson took people on a journey to get gravy for some Canadian poutine.
"Only Canadians will understand," Thomson wrote in the caption of their TikTok.
"A lot of people have been asking where we get our gravy from. Now, if you're not from Canada, we actually grow our own right here on the course," they said in the video.
"They're called pooteen plants and, again, if you're not from Canada you probably have no idea what I'm talking about."
Thomson walked up to a bush in the garden and put a measuring cup underneath some of the plant's branches.
"Sometimes you can kind of just get it if you hold the —" Thomson started before gravy dripped down into the measuring cup and filled it up.
Then the TikToker showed off the gravy and said that is how you get gravy for poutine in Canada!
Only Canadians will understand 🇨🇦 #poutine #cookingtiktok #foodtiktok #mountainwoodsgolfcourse #canadian #monctonnb #pov #monctonnewbrunswick #fy #fyp #moncton #newbrunswick #comedу #viralvideo #viral
Canadians continued the poutine gravy joke in the comments and one person said, "I love fresh gravy straight from the plant."
"I remember when I was a kid and getting gravy was a daily chore, I'd be out in the snow milking the plants for hours," someone else commented.
Another person said, "You're going to collapse our economy giving away these secrets! Next you'll be telling people maple syrup comes from trees too!"
It's not just Canadian TikTokers who post about the classic national food, newcomers to Canada have tried poutine and shared their thoughts on TikTok!
- A Newcomer To Canada Tried Poutine For The First Time & Had An ... ›
- A Canadian TikToker Ate 50 Poutines In 7 Days & It's The Most ... ›
- A Ukrainian Refugee Tried Poutine For The First Time & His ... ›
- I Tried 3 Vegan Poutine Spots In Canada & Here Are My Totally Honest Thoughts (PHOTOS) - Narcity ›
- Canadians Are Debating Over The Best Way To Have Poutine & They Can All Agree On One Thing - Narcity ›
- This Southern-Style Poutine Has A TikToker 'Crying In Canadian' & It Looks Like A Crime - Narcity ›