Two deaths were reported at the beach this weekend.
Ontario Provincial Police are reporting that a 22-year-old Brampton man drowned on Saturday at Wasaga Beach.
The 22-year-old was last seen hundreds of metres from the shore on a flotation device, according to the OPP.
22-year-old Brampton male was pronounced deceased after an extensive search effort in the water off of Beach Area 2… https://t.co/bU0WX2Am77— OPP Central Region (@OPP Central Region) 1623600262.0
"Friend became concerned when the flotation device was observed without the male on it. Friends of the male called 911 and a collaborative search and rescue operation ensued. The search lasted approx 2 hours," an excerpt from the police report reads.
Police revealed that the man's body was later discovered a short distance from where he was last seen by an OPP helicopter. He was immediately transferred to a nearby hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The investigation is still ongoing, but police believe the man was a weak swimmer.
This was one of two deaths that were reported at the beach over the weekend. On Sunday, police say they located a man who was suffering life-threatening injuries. The man died at the scene and police are treating the incident as suspicious.
A six-year-old child also drowned this weekend
Durham Regional Police Services also reported this weekend that a six-year-old girl died after drowning in a swimming pool on June 12.
Officers were called to an Oshawa house party at around 7:00 p.m. where they were informed that the child was missing.
The girl was found in the pool. Officers performed CPR and she was rushed to the hospital where she was pronounced dead.
- Bluffer's Park Drowning Happened On The Same Day Another Man ... ›
- Two Drownings At An Ontario Beach Happened On Sunday ... ›
- Wasaga Beach Was Trashed Over The Weekend - Narcity ›
- Ontario Drowning Results In 1-Year-Old Girl Dying In Hospital - Narcity ›
- Ontarian Saves 7-Year-Old Girl From Drowning After Her Inflatable Toy Blew Into The Lake - Narcity ›
- The Body Of A 10-Year-Old Girl Was Just Recovered From An Ontario Creek - Narcity ›
- Mississauga Father Died After Inflatable Boat Capsized, But His Daughter Survived - Narcity ›
- Police Stood By While A Man Drowned In Arizona & They Refused His Calls For Help - Narcity ›
- A Toronto Man Died After Driving A Golf Cart Into A Richmond Hill Pond Yesterday - Narcity ›
- An Ontario Man Drowned At Wasaga Beach This Weekend & Police Are Offering Safety Tips - Narcity ›