6 Beautiful Winter Hikes In BC That You Have To Tick Off Your Bucket List This Year
Explore the outdoors!
Just because it's winter and there might be a bit of snow on the ground in B.C. doesn't mean you have to stop going for hikes. The province is full of breathtaking hikes to do all year long.
While the city of Vancouver is typically snow-free, it's only a 30-minute drive up to the mountains in North Vancouver, where you'll find incredible hikes and lots of fresh snow.
A fresh layer of bright white snow just makes everything look more beautiful. You feel like you're in a completely different world, escaping the rainy city.
If you're lucky to go on a clear day, you're bound to get a stunning view, usually with the sparkling ocean and steep mountains in it.
Dog Mountain Trail
Address: 1700 Mt. Seymour Rd., North Vancouver, BC
Why You Need To Go: This is a go-to hike for Sunday mornings. It's not too long, is pretty easy and gives you an epic view. In the winter make sure to wear proper footwear, because it can get slippery.
Eagle Bluff Trail
Address: Cypress Bowl Road, West Vancouver, BC
Why You Need To Go: This trail is in Cypress Provincial Park and is the perfect winter hike. It is pretty steep, as you hike literally up the ski hill on a trail right beside the slopes. The view is so worth it though. You get all ocean and not too much city.
Address: Garibaldi Highlands, Squamish, BC
Why You Need To Go: Although popular in the summer, this hike is possible year-round if you have crampons. It's also very steep, and you need to use the ropes and chains that are along the trail to make it up, but it is amazing at the top.
Address: Garibaldi Park Road, Squamish, BC
Why You Need To Go: This hike should be at the top of your list for this season! It's long, taking seven hours, but looks so beautiful.
Address: 2505 Panorama Dr., North Vancouver, BC
Why You Need To Go: Looking for something quick, and snow-free? This is the hike for you! It's close to Vancouver and makes for an easy weekend activity.
Address: Alta Lake Road, Whistler, BC
Why You Need To Go: This hike is a long 16-kilometre journey but looks scenic the entire way.You can pack a lunch and try it out!
- These Are The 12 Most Overrated & Underrated Places In BC That I ... ›
- 8 Surreal Places In BC That Will Make You Feel Like You're In ... ›
- This Hike Is 30 Minutes From Vancouver & It's Like Walking In A ... ›
- Canada's Two Highest Waterfalls Are Both In BC & You'll Need A Boat To Get To One Of Them - Narcity ›
- 8 Surreal Places In BC That Will Help You Forget About Being In A Pandemic - Narcity ›
- This Sugar Shack In BC Sells Maple Syrup On A Stick & You'll Feel Like A True Canadian - Narcity ›
- Doctors In BC Are Now Able To Prescribe A Free Parks Canada Pass To People Who Need A Break - Narcity ›
- 7 Vancouver Hikes That Are Waiting For You The Second Spring Hits - Narcity ›
- You Can Explore Turquoise Lakes & Stunning Mountain Trails At This Park Near Vancouver - Narcity ›