8 Surreal Places In BC That You Won't Believe Really Exist (PHOTOS)
These places take the word "magical" to a whole other level ✨
There are some places that when you go, you feel like you need someone to pinch you because you're in awe of the natural wonders.
B.C. is known for its amazing beauty, which means it has some pretty epic spots that you can check out.
There are so many adventures waiting to be explored in the province, views to see, and places that will inspire you. Here are some surreal places for you to discover the next time wanderlust sneaks up on you.
Why You Need To Go: This challenging 8.7-kilometre trek takes you to a lookout that you won't soon forget. Journey up to the peak of this mountain and you'll get to take in the panoramic views of all the surrounding peaks and expansive valley.
Why You Need To Go: These islands are completely stunning and filled with diverse landscapes and animals, like nowhere else in the world. It's a long journey to get here but worth it no doubt.
Address: Thompson-Nicola, BC
Why You Need To Go: This waterfall is so spectacular and surprisingly easy to reach. The walk to the evening platform is less than a kilometre long, and you get to take in the mighty falls. With a guide, you can go behind it, but there's also a viewing deck from above.
Address: Vancouver Island
Why You Need To Go: This tiny town is a surfer's paradise, where you can whale watch, go on hikes in the rainforest, and enjoy the beaches. It's a popular tourist spot that gets especially busy in the summer, but people flock to it for good reason. The charm of the town and the beauty of the surrounding nature are hard to beat.
Address: Joffre Lakes Provincial Park
Why You Need To Go: This trio of bright turquoise lakes is postcard-worthy and worth the hike to reach them. If you want a shorter journey you can stop at the first of the three lakes, which is beautiful in its own right. For an especially unbelievable view though travel up to the middle and upper lake, where the water shines a surreal blue-green colour beneath the spectacular mountains.
St. Marks Summit
Address: West Vancouver
Why You Need To Go: You can get an incredible view here, if you're willing to hike the 10.5 kilometres. You'll get ocean and mountain, all in one. It's the kind of view that makes people fall in love with the West Coast.
Address: Juan de Fuca Trail
Why You Need To Go: This stunning beach is located on a 2-kilometre trail through a picturesque forest on Vancouver Island, and it has a waterfall coming down off of a cliff into the sparkling blue ocean. Once you reach it this beach feels like a little hidden piece of paradise, far away from the hustle and bustle of daily life.
Yoho National Park
Why You Need To Go: There is so much to do in this park, and anyone looking to really embrace adventure in B.C. should definitely visit. It has amazing lakes, breathtaking views, bountiful nature and stunning waterfalls.
Before you get going, check out our Responsible Travel Guide so you can be informed, be safe, be smart, and most of all, be respectful on your adventure.
- A BC Photographer Captured 2021's Brightest Comet & Here's How You Can See It Again Next Week - Narcity ›
- 9 Hot Springs In BC That Are Even Better Than A Trip To Iceland's Blue Lagoon - Narcity ›
- 6 Magical Spas In BC That Make The Perfect Getaway From Vancouver - Narcity ›
- The Largest Tree In Canada Is In BC & You Trek 3 Km Through A Rainforest To Reach It - Narcity ›
- Canada's Two Highest Waterfalls Are Both In BC & You'll Need A Boat To Get To One Of Them - Narcity ›
- I Hiked To Joffre Lake In BC & You Need To Know These 6 Things Before Going - Narcity ›
- This Lake In Alberta Was Ranked As The Most Beautiful Natural Wonder In The World - Narcity ›
- This Small City In BC Is Home To Canada's Longest Pier & It's Magical To Visit (PHOTOS) - Narcity ›
- This BC Spot Ranked Among The World's Best Island Vacations & It's Breathtaking (PHOTOS) - Narcity ›
- This Hike In BC Brings You To A Summit & There Are Mountains As Far As The Eye Can See - Narcity ›
- 5 Cabins In BC Where You Can Go To See The Northern Lights Put On An Unbelievable Show - Narcity ›
- 6 Hikes Near Vancouver That Give You All The Views Without The Effort - Narcity ›
- Doctors In BC Are Now Able To Prescribe A Free Parks Canada Pass To People Who Need A Break - Narcity ›
- This Guy On TikTok Takes You On The Wildest Adventures In BC & The Views Are Next Level - Narcity ›