It's only a few hours from Vancouver!
Set within the traditional territory of the Tla-o-qui-aht First Nation, the charming town of Tofino was just listed as one of the best small towns in Canada, according to Travel + Leisure, and it comes as no surprise to those who have visited.
The surfer's paradise has that classic beach town feel, with small shops and intimidatingly big waves. Non-surfers can breathe a sigh of relief though, with the countless other activities the town has in store for you.
From sprawling beaches, breathtaking mountains, and magical rainforest hikes, here's why Tofino is a must-visit destination.
The vibrant greenery of the forest next to the bright blue coastline makes for some pretty epic views. Even the drive there is filled with amazing scenery.
A crowd favourite is the Cox Bay hike, where you can see everything in one glance from the peak.
Walk into almost any shop in Tofino and you're bound to see a photo of a whale. The whale watching industry is huge in the town, and if you book a tour you're almost guaranteed to see a picture-perfect whale tail pop out of the waves.
The town is kind of a low-key foodie hub. The star of the show is the iconic Tacofino, a popular chain that was actually started in Tofino (if the name didn't already give that away).
Beaches For Days
Sit on the sandy shore as you watch the surfers brave the cold water to ride the waves in front of you. Hop along 35 kilometres of beaches that look like a tropical vacation.
The bountiful nature in Tofino makes you feel like you're on the other side of the world, exploring the depths of an ancient rainforest.
While it's not across the globe, it is an old-growth rainforest that is ready to trek.
The Unique Stays
Take your pick of pitching a tent at one of the campsites, shacking up in a super cute cottage, or living the van life for your stay.
However you roll, we promise that it's well worth the trip.
Before you get going, check out our Responsible Travel Guide so you can be informed, be safe, be smart, and most of all, be respectful on your adventure.
- 8 Beaches In BC So Tropical They're Better Than A Trip To Mexico ... ›
- 9 Cute Places To Stay In Tofino So Romantic You'll Get On The ... ›
- This Tiny Newfoundland Town Was Voted One Of The Best Spots In Canada & These Pics Prove It - Narcity ›
- These Are The 12 Most Overrated & Underrated Places In BC That I Visited In 2021 - Narcity ›
- This Job Will Pay You To Go On Epic Adventures & It’s In A Stunning Beach Town In BC - Narcity ›
- 12 Of The Best Places In BC To Go Camping This Summer & They Are Stunning - Narcity ›
- This Tiny Surfing Town In BC Is Absolutely Stunning & Makes For The Perfect Beach Vacation - Narcity ›
- This Hidden Camping Spot In Tofino Is Nestled In The Trees & Just Steps From The Beach - Narcity ›
- 5 Ways To Save Money In Tofino So You Can Get A Beach Vacation Without Hurting Your Wallet - Narcity ›
- 7 Adorable Small Towns In BC To Road Trip To All Summer Long - Narcity ›
- This Small Town In BC Was Ranked Among The 'World's Greatest Places' & It's Breathtaking - Narcity ›
- I Camped On This Hidden Vancouver Island Beach & It's Near Tofino But Way Cheaper (PHOTOS) - Narcity ›
- 7 Cozy Small Towns In Canada That Are Even Better During The Fall - Narcity ›
- These Are The Best Fall Vacation Spots In BC, According To 6 Top Travel Bloggers - Narcity ›
- This Beautiful Small Town In BC Was Ranked Among The World's Best Spots To Travel In 2023 - Narcity ›
- BC Ranked As One Of The 'Best Places To Go In 2023' & This Small-Town Resort Got A Shoutout - Narcity ›