They probably weren't expecting that!
Police officers in Vancouver seized 174 guns from a senior's home during a wellness check.
Staff from Vancouver Coastal Health also responded to the mental health call, where officials found vast quantities of firearms at the property in Vancouver's West Side, near West 15th Avenue and Granville Street.
A 76-year-old man was taken to hospital and placed in urgent care as staff deemed him to be in poor physical and mental health.
Not every VPD call involves a crime. This week #Car87 recovered 174 guns from a west-side senior after visiting his… https://t.co/uBh5Tb851h— Fiona Wilson (@Fiona Wilson) 1633888115.0
In a statement to NEWS 1130, Vancouver Police said that most of the guns were "vintage and from World War Two" and were seized because they were not stored safely.
This article’s cover image was used for illustrative purposes only.
- 9 Things That Suprised Me When I Moved From The East Coast of ... ›
- My BC Neighbourhood Was Ranked Among The Coolest In The ... ›
- 2 Schoolgirls In BC Approached By 'Suspicious' Man With 'Round Belly' & 'High Pitched Voice' - Narcity ›
- A Man Was Seen Pointing A Gun In Downtown Vancouver & Police Want Help Identifying Him - Narcity ›
- A Tim Hortons Customer Threw Hot Coffee At Staff & Now Vancouver Police Are Investigating - Narcity ›