My Neighbourhood In Vancouver Was Ranked Among The Coolest In The World & I'll Show You Why
I went and explored all of the hot spots.
My neighbourhood is officially one of the coolest in the world, but when I moved here I had no idea.
When moving to Vancouver from the East Coast of Canada this fall I blindly decided on my neighbourhood, with fingers crossed that I would love it.
As it turns out, I luckily made the absolute best choice by finding a home in Mount Pleasant.
When I saw that it was ranked as one of the coolest in the world I was excited, but not really surprised. After just a few days of exploring the historic neighbourhood, I found amazing vintage shops, super cool breweries, vibrant murals, and of course the iconic Dude Chilling Park.
You also have direct access to transit, which takes you right downtown when you need it. You really don't need to go downtown often though because you have everything here.
It's a foodie heaven, an art hub and an entertainment dream.
I've walked around so I could show you some of my favourite spots to hit in my neighbourhood.
The brightest light in a sea of vintage shops is Mintage Mall, at 245 E. Broadway. When you step inside, be prepared to spend money. You won't just browse, trust me.
It has a super unique vibe, taking the entire upstairs of an old building. Once you get upstairs it's shocking how big it actually is.
You can find every one of your vintage dreams — cowboy boots, graphic tees, overalls, and even some costume props.
Main Street Brewing
There are also countless places to grab a pint on Main, which are all pretty great. Main Street Brewing, at 261 E. 7th Ave., though represents the area well and is my favourite spot to head for happy hour.
It's a huge building where you can sit right beside all of their brewing machines. You can also grab some cans to-go.
I've had their Fruit Bomb Blackberry Sour and it was 10/10.
It's no surprise 49th Parallel, at 2902 Main St., got an honourable mention in the article that ranked the neighbourhoods worldwide. It's amazing.
The locally-roasted coffee is a morning treat for me, and the people who work there are some of the friendliest around.
They also make these mouthwatering Lucky's Doughnuts, which I thank them every day for.
Queen Elizabeth Park
Funny enough, this park is the opposite of Dude Chilling, but still is amazing. It's luscious and touristy, but totally stunning.
It's the highest point in Vancouver, so you get a breathtaking view of the city and mountains on a clear day. It also has amazing gardens with giant rhubarb plants and even bamboo.
This whole neighbourhood is like one big museum.
There is art on every corner, with beautiful murals that light up the streets. One of my favourite activities is just walking around because I'll always find some stunning wall art that I somehow had missed before.
Dude Chilling Park
I remember walking by the sign for this park for the first time and doing a double-take. I thought, "Could it actually be named that?"
It's named after a statue of, well, a dude chilling in the park. It perfectly encapsulates the chill vibe of the neighbourhood and cool aesthetic.
Main Street is home to all of these cool shops and restaurants but deserves a whole mention of its own.
The fun street is the go-to place to find hidden gems and vibrant spaces. It's also super central but without the downtown traffic.
The opinions expressed in this article are the author's own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Narcity Media.
- 4 BC Lavender Farms To Visit This Summer If You Are Obsessed ... ›
- Narcity Vancouver: News, Travel, Eat & Drink, Things To Do & More ... ›
- Vancouver Police Seized 174 Guns From A Senior's Home During A Wellness Check - Narcity ›
- Vancouver's Weather Is About To Get Nasty & It's Going To Rain For 96 Hours Straight - Narcity ›
- 11 Super Fun Indoor Activities In Vancouver When It's Raining - Narcity ›
- Mike Tyson Was In Full-On Crush Mode On Vancouver & Says It Kicks Toronto’s Ass - Narcity ›
- 9 Things I Wish Someone Had Told Me Before I Moved Across Canada Because It's Hectic AF - Narcity ›
- An American Shares These 5 Reasons Why Vancouver Is Better Than California, Seattle & NYC - Narcity ›
- An American Shared 5 Reasons Why Vancouver Is Better Than These US Cities & Ouch Seattle - Narcity ›
- A Park Sign In BC Was Stolen & Someone Actually Knit A New One To Replace It - Narcity ›
- Vancouver Neighbourhoods Were Given Personality Traits & It Some Are Getting Roasted - Narcity ›
- Vancouver Neighbourhoods Were Given Personality Traits & Some Are Getting Roasted - Narcity ›
- 7 Best Places To See The Northern Lights In BC - Narcity ›
- These Are The 'Most Family-Friendly' Vancouver Neighbourhoods & What It Costs To Live In Each - Narcity ›