Most Canadians Want To Keep Working Remotely After The Pandemic & Here’s Why
If you want to go back to the office, you're officially in the minority. 🏢
The BDC study says that 55% of respondents in a survey of Canadian workers want to continue to work from home as much or more than they do right now, and it's largely because of flexibility with work.
The vast majority of respondents — 84% — want to spend less time commuting, while 62% want more flexible hours and 58% say that working from home leads to a better work/life balance.
There are disadvantages, though, according to the people surveyed. They say difficulty socializing and chatting with colleagues, screen fatigue and not being able to see their coworkers in person are the main problems with working from home.
Pros and cons aside, 54% of employees say being able to work remotely is a "determining factor" in choosing to either apply for a new job or accept a job offer they're given.
- Ontario Remote Jobs That Will Pay Up To $120K A Year - Narcity ›
- Work From Home Jobs Are Worth Quitting Over, Say Many Canadian Millennials - Narcity ›
- This Heated Eye Massager From Amazon Canada Can Relieve Your Eye Strain & Headaches ›
- This Heated Eye Massager From Amazon Canada Can Relieve Your Eye Strain & Headaches - Narcity ›
- This $13 Ring Light On Amazon Canada Will Seriously Upgrade Your TikTok Game - Narcity ›
- 12 Home Office Gifts You'll Want To Give Yourself Before The 2021 Holidays - Narcity ›
- 6 Remote Jobs In BC That Will Pay You Over $100K To Work From Home - Narcity ›
- This WFH Exercise Bike Is Straight Out Of A 2001 Infomercial But It Actually Has Great Reviews - Narcity ›
- 6 Remote Jobs In Alberta That Will Pay You Over $100K To Work From Home - Narcity ›
- The Best Work-From-Home Cities Were Just Ranked & Canada Has More Top 20 Entries Than Anyone - Narcity ›
- Toronto Just Ranked In The Top 10 Best Cities For Remote Workers In The World & Here's Why - Narcity ›
- Portugal Made It Illegal For Your Boss To Call You After Work & We Need This Everywhere - Narcity ›
- Apple Just Gave Employees $1K For Their Home Office & Its New Return To Work Date Is 'TBD' - Narcity ›
- A Law Firm Is Making Staff Choose Between The Office & A 20% Pay Cut To Work From Home - Narcity ›