This Small Ontario Town Is A 'Mini Hollywood' For Heartwarming Christmas Movies
One visit will make you want to fall in love. 😍
Step right off of your couch and into the television screen with a visit to Almonte, Ontario.
Almonte has been dubbed "Mini Hollywood North" due to the large number of movies filmed in the town.
Wander the picturesque town to spot filming locations for holiday movies including Christmas Scavenger Hunt, Candy Cane Candidate, A Chance for Christmas, Fatman and Christmas Festival of Ice.
There are many adorable shops full of quality goods, tasty treats and friendly service that are worth a stop. Indulge in award-winning chocolate from Hummingbird Chocolate, sip festive cream liqueur flavours from Dairy Distillery, browse home decor at Tin Barn Market and shop Canadian goods at Cheerfully Made.
Joe's Italian Kitchen serves up authentic Italian dishes in a historic mill with a view of river waterfalls. Start here at the end of Mill Street to explore all of the quaint shops along the street and take the Mississippi Riverwalk back.
If you want an extra festive experience, join the town on Mill Street for their Holiday Night Market on December 9, 2021, from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Address: Almonte, Mississippi Mills, ON
Why You Need To Go: This small Ontario town is a backdrop to a number of holiday movies. Step right into the set and enjoy local goods and treats along with the Christmas atmosphere.
Before you get going, check out our Responsible Travel Guide so you can be informed, be safe, be smart, and most of all, be respectful on your adventure.
- 8 Incredible Reasons To Visit The Ottawa Christmas Market That ... ›
- You're Basically An Elf If You've Gone To 9 Of These 13 Ottawa ... ›
- 9 Magical Christmas Movies That Were Actually Filmed Around Ottawa ›
- So Many Ottawa Cats Are Up For Adoption & They're All Named After Rock Legends - Narcity ›
- 7 Outdoor Activities Around Ottawa That You Can Enjoy Over The Holidays - Narcity ›
- 7 Outdoor Activities Around Ottawa That You Can Enjoy Over The Holidays ›
- This Small Ontario Town Is Keeping Xmas Going Because Who Cares What The Calendar Says - Narcity ›
- This Ontario Christmas Town Is A Hallmark Movie Set & Hosts An Enchanting Winter Festival - Narcity ›