These spots will be hit the hardest.
The spike will bring totals to a dismal 209.9 cents per litre for places like Toronto, Brampton, Hamilton, Niagara, and Waterloo. All places that could definitely use a long, hard break from price hikes.
Meanwhile, Sudbury, a northern city that has regularly been taking the top spot for gas prices, could be offering a whopping 212.9 by Wednesday due to a 6-cent increase.
However, it isn't all gloom and doom for the north as Thunder Bay, a city that typically records much higher gas prices than the GTA could sit at a comparatively low 203.9 cents per litre on Wednesday.
In fact, if things go as predicted, Thunder Bay will be the cheapest place to get gas in all of Ontario, followed closely by Peterborough, 204.9.
Thankfully, there is hope, as provincial drivers could get a much-needed bailout from gas prices this summer.
Beginning July 1, 2022, the gas tax would be cut by 5.7 cents per litre, while the fuel tax — which includes diesel — would see a reduction of 5.3 cents per litre for six months.
This article's cover image was used for illustrative purposes only.
- Ontario Gas Prices Are Set To Rise This Weekend & One City Is ... ›
- Ontario Gas Prices - Narcity ›
- Ontario Gas Prices Are Set To Break A Record Tomorrow & You'll Be ... ›
- Ontario Gas Prices Are Set To Drop Tomorrow & Here's Where You Can Fill Up On A Budget - Narcity ›
- Ontario Gas Prices Are Set To Drop Tomorrow & These Spots Will Be Cheapest At The Pumps - Narcity ›
- Ontario Gas Prices Are Set To Go Up Again Tomorrow & It'll Have You Penny Pinching - Narcity ›
- Ontario Gas Prices Are Set To Rise Tomorrow & You'll Be Bailing On Your Weekend Plans - Narcity ›