"Apparently everyone in Prince Rupert had found out."
A woman in B.C. said it has taken 20 years of playing the same lottery numbers before she won a mammoth $5.8 million jackpot.
Juanita Parnell, from Prince Rupert, matched all six numbers in the Lotto 6/49 draw on October 6. She played with the numbers 7, 18, 19, 38, 42, and 46.
She shared the jackpot which another winner from Ontario and took home $5,790,419.90.
Speaking about her win, she said: "I was in a rush [to buy my ticket]. I had actually forgotten and was hurrying to buy [before sales closed for the draw], and was worried I would miss the numbers."
She said that her winning numbers don't have any special connection but remembers using them for a Quick Pick lottery draw two decades ago.
On her plans for the money, she would like to take her grandchildren to Disneyland because they've "never been able to go on a vacation together all at once."
Her win follows a winning trend in B.C. after Susan Friesen, from Hope, B.C. won $1 million and credited the name of her town for her success.
- Ontario Lottery Winner Bought 2 Tickets For The Same Draw & Won ... ›
- This BC Lotto Winner Was Inspired To Play Because Of The Name ... ›
- Someone In West Vancouver Has Just Won $10 Million On The Lotto & They Don't Even Know Yet - Narcity ›
- BC Lottery Winner Found Out He'd Won $675K In Starbucks & He's Wasting No Time Spending It - Narcity ›
- A Lottery Winner Said 'Everyone Went Crazy' In Circle K When He Found Out He'd Won $500K - Narcity ›
- A Lottery Winner Said He Couldn't Stop Looking At The Ticket' After His $1M Win - Narcity ›
- A US Man Won The Lottery After Heart Surgery & The Ticket Was In A 'Get Well Soon' Card - Narcity ›
- A Lottery Winner In BC Said The Gas Station Employee Was 'More Excited' That He Was - Narcity ›