A major late-season winter storm is expected at the end of April!
A new Canada spring weather forecast is out now that predicts a "backward" season for the country and even gives a look ahead at what summer has in store.
The Farmers' Almanac has now released a long-range outlook for spring 2022 and it's calling for a slow warm-up with a major late-season winter storm but overall "near-normal" temperatures for the country.
Also, northern parts of Canada are expected to experience warmer weather than southern areas.
That's why the season this year is being called "the backward spring."
In B.C., the forecast calls for pleasant temperatures and average precipitation.
The Prairies will get near-normal temperatures and average precipitation this spring.
Ontario will be showery, especially around the Great Lakes, but with mild temperatures during the season and Quebec will see average temperatures but dry conditions.
The forecast for Atlantic Canada is predicting average temperatures and below-normal precipitation.
When it comes to severe weather, a major late-season winter storm is forecast to bring snow to the Rockies and Prairies during the final week of April.
Also, there's a widespread threat expected in the middle of June as a surge of very warm, humid and unstable air makes its way to Canada.
That could lead to showers, "violent" thunderstorms and even tornadoes across much of the country's central and eastern regions.
If you're already looking ahead to summer, the Farmers' Almanac said that "the heat will turn on big time" for most of Canada as June ends and we head into July.
Spring officially begins on Sunday, March 20 and ends on Tuesday, June 21!
- Canada's Spring Weather Forecast Just Dropped & March Is Set To ... ›
- Spring Weather In Canada Will Be All Over The Place & Here's What You Can Expect Each Month - Narcity ›
- A Canadian City Has Gotten Over 300 cm Of Snow This Winter & There's Even More On The Way - Narcity ›
- Canada's Spring Forecast Is Here & The Next 3 Months Will Bring A Little Bit Of Everything - Narcity ›
- Canada's Weather In April Will Be 'Turbulent' As Winter Is 'Reluctant' To Go Away - Narcity ›
- Canada's Weather Is Bringing 'Early Summer-Like Warmth' To So Many Parts Of The Country Soon - Narcity ›
- Canada's Summer Forecast Is Out & It Will Be A 'Sizzling' Season For Most Of The Country - Narcity ›
- Canada's Weather Is Being Impacted By A Typhoon & Spring Will Go 'On Hiatus' For A Bit - Narcity ›
- Canada's Weather Is About To Get So Chilly & Every Major City Will Be Colder Than Normal - Narcity ›
- Ontario's Weather Forecast Calls For Colder Than Normal Temps So Forget About The Beach - Narcity ›
- Ontario's Weather Forecast Is Calling For So Much Rain Today & Highways Could Get Messy - Narcity ›
- Winter Forecast: Canada Could Be In For A Colder & Wetter Season Because Of La Niña - Narcity ›