They claimed 15 to 20 people were partying on the flight and everyone else was sitting.
The person who organized the Sunwing party plane has spoken out once again and said "the only thing that went wrong" was the return flight being cancelled.
"The only thing that went wrong on this trip is having our 'return' flight cancelled. Relax," Awad said.
"Everybody can still return, we're just trying to find a way for everybody to return without having to pay for their ticket," Awad continued.
According to Awad, 90% of the people who went on the trip didn't pay for the event. "I paid for it," they said.
The only thing that went wrong on this trip is having our "return" flight cancelled. Relax. Every body can still return, we're just trying to find a way for every body to return without having to pay for their ticket. 90% of the people did not pay for this event! I paid for it.— James William Awad (@James William Awad) 1641653171
"That's barely 8% of the people that participated in that event. The ratio is great," Awad said. "We're working on bringing that 'bad' ratio down gradually."
Only like 15-20 people were partying on that plane. While every body else was sitting. That's barely 8% of the people that participated in that event. The Ratio is great. The 111 Private Club is A1. We're working on bringing that "bad" ratio down gradually.— James William Awad (@James William Awad) 1641655696
Sunwing said it cancelled the return flight from Cancun to Montreal scheduled for January 5 because of the results of its "ongoing investigation and the group's refusal to agree to all of the conditions of carriage."
However, federal Health Minister Jean-Yves Duclos did reveal on January 7 that some of the people who were on the plane where passengers were partying without masks had managed to get back to Canada and were "interrogated" at airports when they landed.
On January 6, Awad released a statement speaking out about the controversial flight.
"I understand why many fellow citizens are upset about the current situation," Awad said.
Awad claimed that Sunwing cancelled the return flight to Montreal "based on presumptions." Apparently, they agreed with the conditions the airline set out but couldn't come to a final agreement because no food would've been available during the flight.
"I have significantly learned, and I am still learning from this experience," Awad said.
- The Organizer Of The Party Plane From Quebec Just Spoke Out ... ›
- Some Sunwing Party Plane Travellers Are Back In Canada & Were ... ›
- Quebec Passengers From The Sunwing Party Plane Could Face ... ›
- Jimmy Fallon Talked About The Sunwing Party Plane & Called The Influencers 'Knuckleheads' - Narcity ›
- Sunwing Party Plane Organizer Just Hit Back At 'Sheeps' & Told His Critics To 'Wake Up' - Narcity ›
- 6 TikToks About The Sunwing Party Flight Debacle That Are Just Perfect (VIDEOS) - Narcity ›
- The Sunwing Party Plane Guy Says His Event Was 'A Success' & Is Planning Another In March - Narcity ›
- The Mom Of A Sunwing Party Plane Passenger Has Spoken Out & Apologized To Airline Staff - Narcity ›