Jimmy Fallon Talked About The Sunwing Party Plane & Called The Influencers 'Knuckleheads'
Then 111 Private Club shared the clip on its Instagram account.👇😬
The Sunwing party plane saga continues to dominate conversations worldwide, and American talk show host Jimmy Fallon is the latest to weigh in.
On Friday, January 7, the Tonight Show star spoke about the incident as part of his monologue, describing how it sparked "huge public outrage."
He added that many remain stuck in Mexico after multiple airlines refused to fly the passengers — many of whom are reality TV stars and social media influencers from Quebec — back to Canada.
"What better way to teach someone a lesson than forcing them to spend more time in Cancun?" Fallon joked.
Doing an impression of those implementing the ban, he continued, "'These frozen drinks are for you guys too. You knuckleheads. Learn your lesson and never do that again.'"
After the host joked about those involved on his show, both 111 Private Club (the company behind the controversial charter flight) and owner James William Awad shared the Tonight Show clip on their social media channels.
In response to the business page sharing the video, one person responded, "You really just don't get it do you," while another asked, "Lol, you're proud of this?"
A third social media user responded, "Somebody hire this page a PR firm, you are not handling this well at all lmao."
After videos from the privately chartered Sunwing flight went viral earlier this week, the event's organizer spoke out and initially said he understood "why many fellow citizens are upset about the current situation."
The only thing that went wrong on this trip is having our "return" flight cancelled. Relax. Every body can still return, we're just trying to find a way for every body to return without having to pay for their ticket. 90% of the people did not pay for this event! I paid for it.— James William Awad (@James William Awad) 1641653171
Days later, Awad backtracked and said, "The only thing that went wrong on this trip is having our 'return' flight cancelled. Relax."
The passengers on the December 30 Sunwing flight from Montreal to Cancun have come under fire for partying maskless on board while drinking alcohol, smoking and failing to follow COVID-19 public health measures.
Some Quebec influencers who were on the flight have called what happened "unacceptable" and distanced themselves from the controversy.
The incident prompted multiple federal officials to speak out, and the government has now launched an investigation. If found guilty, those involved could face huge fines and even possible jail time.
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau also fired shots at those who partied maskless on board, describing them as "completely irresponsible" and calling their behaviour "a slap in the face."
This article's cover image was used for illustrative purposes only.
- Some Sunwing Party Plane Travellers Are Back In Canada & Were ... ›
- Sunwing Party Plane Organizer Says 'The Only Thing That Went ... ›
- 6 Things You Need To Know About 111 Private Club & The People ... ›
- Sunwing Party Plane Organizer Just Hit Back At 'Sheeps' & Told His Critics To 'Wake Up' - Narcity ›
- The Sunwing Party Plane Organizer Says 111 Private Club Is Accepting New Members Next Month - Narcity ›
- 7 Hilarious Tweets About The Sunwing Party Plane Fiasco That Are So On Point - Narcity ›
- Sunwing Party Plane Influencer Says They 'Didn't Commit Any Crimes' & 'Didn't Kill Anyone' - Narcity ›
- Sunwing Party Plane Organizer 'Demands' An Apology From Airlines & Says He'll Run For President - Narcity ›
- James William Awad 'Thousands' Of People Have Asked To Join 111 Private Club - Narcity ›
- James William Awad Says 'Thousands' Of People Have Now Asked To Join 111 Private Club - Narcity ›
- The Student Pilot Who Was Seen Vaping On The Sunwing Party Plane Just Issued An Apology - Narcity ›
- PHAC Is Investigating Whether Some Sunwing Party Plane Passengers Ignored Quarantine Rules - Narcity ›
- James William Awad Is Hiring A $1 Million Assistant But Some Of The Duties Are Really Weird - Narcity ›
- 12 Penalties Have Been Issued To Sunwing Party Plane Passengers & The Feds Aren't Done Yet - Narcity ›
- An All-Influencer Airline Just Launched & It's Offering A Free Party Flight To Coachella - Narcity ›
- Sunwing Flights At Pearson Airport Are Getting Hit With Major Delays & Here's Why - Narcity ›